COVID 19 Notice:
Subject to applicable law, Lathrop GPM requires all employees and Partners to be fully vaccinated to enter any of our offices.
Lathrop GPM is a full-service, Am Law 200 law firm with offices in Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Jefferson City, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Overland Park, St. Cloud, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment.
The Diversity and Legal Talent Specialist is responsible for supporting the Director of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) and Director of Lateral Partner Recruiting. The specialist will assist with supporting the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives and all aspects of the partner attorney recruitment function. **This job can be located at either our Minneapolis, MN or Kansas City, MO office locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Diversity & Inclusion
· Coordinate internal & external data requests and deadlines for Culture, Diversity & Inclusion (CD&I) related to analytics/reporting on attorneys, staff and client teams for industry and client benchmarking organizations
· Provide data analysis support to D&I Director for reporting on key CD&I priorities/initiatives related to practice groups, and regions as well as client and professional development opportunities
· Assist with management of Mansfield Rule Certification requirements and related documentation
· Draft and review internal communications to promote and manage RSVPs for CD&I events
· Work with HR to qualify CD&I events for CLE credit across business lines
· Attend, synthesize and summarize CD&I meeting and event notes. Publish and share to appropriate audiences, communication channels and archives
· Manage logistics for internal D&I educational events, including speaker bookings and payment, participant giveaways, understanding AV and accessibility needs and responding to unique speaker needs and follow-up
· Manages deployment and reporting for annual Self-Identification Diversity survey
· Other duties as assigned by the D&I Director
· Oversees maintenance of recruiting database/files for all partner searches
· Assists with scheduling interviews and travel for candidates
· Maintains candidate feedback and interviewer notes
· Assists with performing hiring due diligence
· Provides information to applicants as needed
· Prepares follow-up letters and tracks all partner applicant data
· Manages search firm agreement tracking and updates to database regarding search firm agreement
· Assists with scheduling meetings with recruiters
· Coordinates internal administrative preparation for lawyer arrival
· Assists with compiling status reports to Managing Partner and practice group leaders
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· College degree and two plus years of relevant recruiting/human resources experience preferred
· Understanding and experience with data analysis and statistics
· Strong written communications skills
· Two years relevant diversity, equity and inclusion experience preferred
· Event coordination experience helpful
· Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
· Ability to establish priorities and remain flexible
· Proactive, strategic thinker with acute attention to detail
· Must be self-driven and able to work as a team player
· Possess excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication and phone skills
· Able to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels
· Possess project management skills, sound business judgment and the ability to multi-task
· Must be detailed oriented and a critical thinker
· Proficient in basic computer applications in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
We celebrate and support diversity and the benefits it brings to our workplaces, clients and communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is the employment policy and practice of Lathrop GPM to recruit and hire employees without discrimination because of race, color, sex, gender, religion, age, national origin, military status, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law.
Lathrop GPM LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a professional, challenging, yet comfortable working environment. Lathrop GPM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of Lathrop GPM without prior approval from a Lathrop GPM HR Manager will be considered unsolicited and the property of Lathrop GPM.
EOE/M/F/D/V NO PHONE CALLS