We have an opportunity for an experienced construction Project Superintendent with a strong track record of successfully completing multi-family housing, senior living, student housing, and/or hospitality projects. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
- Review working drawings including architectural, structural, mechanical, civil, electrical and landscaping plans with respect to details, buildability, alternative methods, conflicts, and dimensions.
- Review the Building Specification to confirm material, subcontractor, and equipment criteria and identify potential project document conflict.
- Maintain and manage the jobsite including trailer, signage, material staging, vehicle access, and temporary utility access. Oversee an orderly system for maintaining project plans, communication, correspondence and subcontracts.
- Review, coordinate, and implement the safety measures and applicable company programs for the project required to conform with OSHA standards and to ensure a safe workplace.
- Maintain positive relationship with client, focused on identifying the critical path necessary to meet the owner’s desired schedule.
- Conduct periodic project inspections with attention focused on owner's concerns.
- Monitor project labor productivity and keep the company informed of any deviations from the original budgets.
- Review project construction documents and identify required material quantities. Monitor actual project material quantity requirements and keep the company informed of any deviations from the original budgets.
- Completely review, coordinate, and implement the quality assurance program developed for the project.
- Review project shop drawing and construction documents to coordinate between different disciplines the actual project layout and filed conditions.
- Review project punchlist and oversee completion of all project disciplines necessary to receive a certificate of occupancy.
- 8+ years of experience in construction, preferably in larger warehouse, commercial, and other “big-box” style industrial projects.
- Design/build experience preferred. Rough carpentry, finish carpentry, and concrete experience preferred.
- College education a plus.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.).
- Knowledge of the local market preferred.
- Strong leadership/management skills and a proven record of building on schedule.
- Ability to identify, investigate and quantify project problems and corresponding alternatives and consequences.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and work productively with others and foster solid client relationships.
- Ability to use construction management software such as Procore, Timberline, Bluebeam, CMiC, PlanGrid, Textura, and Field ID.
- Ability to use the internet and Microsoft Office 365.
No Agency Inquiries Please
The McShane Companies (McShane Construction Company, Cadence McShane Construction Company, and Conor Commercial Real Estate) do not accept unsolicited resumes, candidates’ names or summaries from staffing agencies, search firms, or third-party recruiters. The McShane Companies will not pay a placement fee in connection with any such unsolicited resumes.