You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Director of Sales actively manages all corporate and group sales activities to drive attendance and revenue and achieve business goals for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. This role is responsible for establishing an annual sales plan, managing outside and inside sales teams including the company’s Call Center, directly selling to potential customers in a defined region, ensuring quality execution of sold events, and serving as a community ambassador for the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari brand. This is an on-site, hands-on position focused on selling and delivering great experiences to groups large and small.
This position works on-site at our Santa Claus, Indiana location.
- Lead the safety effort by personal example
- Adhere to SOPs and other work procedures as required to assist employees and assure Guest satisfaction
- Use and maintain Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s equipment and property in the appropriate manner
- Always follow instructions of posted safety signs and warnings to ensure your personal well-being
- Immediately report all injuries to your direct supervisor, management on duty, or the Full-Time Safety Team
- “Safety First” is not just a slogan – it must be our #1 priority!
- Plan, organize, and direct sales strategies and achieve sales department performance goals
- Motivate regional sales team to grow business within their regions with new and established customers
- Establish and manage ongoing activity and sales quotas for defined regions
- Project expected sales volume for existing and new products
- Manage sales efforts and establish relationships with key accounts
- Lead scheduled sales performance and forecasting report development
- Plan and administer department budget
- Work with department leaders to ensure all sold events are executed successfully and comply with all internal policies and requirements
- Serve as key member of the Marketing, Sales, & Communications team, collaborating with department leaders to elevate and protect the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari brand
- Manage full-time and seasonal staff including recruiting, scheduling, performance management, daily tasks, company policies, and discipline
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the Amusement Park industry with regards to trends in sales initiatives and special events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
- 5-7 years of management level sales experience
- Prior experience in the amusement/theme park or high-volume tourist-based entertainment venue is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Willingness to travel overnight to attend and participate in seminars, meetings, and conferences out of town
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Valid driver’s license
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Acceptable scores of technical and psychological assessments
Holiday World & splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, sales incentive program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.