POSITION: The Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida is hiring a Program Manager to oversee the Ready 4 Veggies grant that brings to life the Farm to Community Bus Project. Ready for Veggies and the Farm to Community Bus Project will serve areas of low income and low access where healthy food options are severely lacking. The program manager is responsible for a variety of tasks including shaping the project in terms of the produce that is grown and sold, a business plan to market in the community, training students on the ins and outs of selling/preparing fresh produce, and innovative marketing strategies to spread the word of the Veggie Bus. This position would report to the Director of Special Initiatives.
- Develop and maintain program goals to introduce fresh produce and nutritional information to club members of BGCNF and their communities.
- Working together with 30+ local farmers to bring in crops and disburse them throughout targeted areas within Jacksonville, FL
- Helping to develop and execute business and marketing plans to promote the Veggie Bus throughout the community
- Implement sustainability practices to ensure the longevity of the Veggie Project
- Operating the Veggie Bus including driving and its “food truck” aspects
- Creating educational materials explaining the health and nutritional benefits to targeted areas and customers
- Working in conjunction with the chef instructor to bring teens participating in the NFL YET Healthy Living program to implement cooking demonstrations out in the field
- Cultivate a partnership with Jacksonville Farmers Market and help develop successful farming programs at local farms who participate in the project
- Develop and utilize proper training for all staff
- Advising the Development Team on bringing in potential collaborators to the project