The Communications Manager will drive all efforts to ensure our Sargent & Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands image and presence is highly regarded by external stakeholders, media, partners, customers and others. This position, working closely with company executives, product specialists and outside agencies to develop opportunities and storylines, formulate messaging, implement coordinated external communications programs and plans, and strategically secure and measure coverage across multimedia and international news outlets. This versatile position requires working in close collaboration with cross-functional groups as well as spearheading prioritized projects to increase brand awareness and increase demand to achieve company goals.
The Communications Manager will lead all VOC research, work with outside resources for PR and communication outreach, develop product and company presentations, run product commercialization process, create content for external communications, as well as manage external channel partner portals and programs. This position needs to be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, enjoy participating actively in every step of the process, work within aggressive timelines, and collaborate with multiple teams across the business.
Areas of Responsibility
• PR and Communications
• VOC (Voice of the Customer) Research
• Product Commercialization, New Product Training and Support Tools
• Content Creation/Blog
• Company Webinar Training Series, Trade Show, & Event Management
• Dealer Portal & Marketing Resource Center Management
• Display & Literature Management
• Channel Management & Co-op Program
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Content Creation, PR and Communications:
• Support the S&G Family of Brands business by building brand awareness in media and supporting content for a variety of applications
• Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and positive image for the organization and/or brand.
• Manage the development and execution of internal and external communications materials to include, but not limited to, press releases, media events, product launch talking points, and coordinate with external public relations agency in preparing responses to press inquiries and requests for information
• Establish, nurture, and maintain relationships with target journalists with outside PR agencies
• Lead the development of press releases, media advisories, and other media and external-facing materials.
• Create the content copy for external communications including social media, website, and email communications
• Develop monthly report that demonstrates the progress of the external communications program and provide report to senior leaders in an easy to review and digest format
• Responding to requests for information release from the media. Designating a spokesperson or source of information as necessary.
• Represent the organization at events and press conferences
• Manage relationships and work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials.
VOC (Voice of the Customer) Research
• Coordinate and lead medium to high complexity VOC requests, projects or ongoing initiatives to uncover customer insights designed to improve customer experience and delivery success.
• Build knowledgebase of customer and industry experience to identify current opportunities of improvement for S&G Family of Brands.
• Coordinate surveys and result data to present to management team
• Developing the metrics and goals to be applied to survey results based on industry standards
• Produces competitive analysis and counter strategies for assigned product responsibility
• Assist with each brands customer and partner counsels/advisors
Product Commercialization and New Product Liaison:
• Work cross-functionally with the commercialization department to support customer and company marketing plans. Help to successfully showcase unprecedented innovation in the market and collaborate on programs to build us as our customers most valued business partner
• Liaise with Senior Director of Product Management to ensure that all product positioning, packaging and messaging is aligned with brand and marketing strategy
• Collaborate with the NPD team to effectively support sales team and to ensure the transfer of product knowledge and provide training as needed on new product launches
• Manage the Company Webinar Training Series
• Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral to ensure proper product launches align with marketing strategy and brand voice
• Write and deliver copy for social channels and work with bloggers for website/newsletter copy
Event Management and Channel Partner/Sales Support:
• Represent the organization at events and press conferences
• Prepares and deliver presentations to upper management and customers as needed.
• Oversees and produces, from concept to completion, a broad array of digital and/or print promotional and communication materials for the organization.
• Coordinates all marketing support and logistics for Trade Shows and virtual events
• Manages Dealer Portal & Marketing Resource Center
• Assists with Channel Management & Co-op Program
• Manages Display & Literature for each company in the S&G Family of Brands
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in related field required; and 5-7 years of experience in marketing, publications, or a related field required.
• Experience in media pitching and presenting in front of large group settings
• Experience with different VOC tools and methods such as primary research, or working with customer experience metrics, A deep understanding of customer needs through research (this could take various forms - surveys, customer interviews, focus groups, etc.)
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization. ·
• Ability to craft stories and releases that get interest and secure media coverage with traditional media.
• Ability to pitch to various media outlets.
• Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, tenacious, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
• Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet brand objectives.
• Proven success designing and executing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns.
• Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines.
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule. ·
• Ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams.
• Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent at proofreading and writing.
• Responds well under pressure.
• Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Limited travel required to meet with key vendors, Sargent & Greenleaf headquarters, as well as possibly attending agreed upon conferences and events