NCS is looking for a talented, detail-oriented leader to drive the growth of its solar development pipeline in Washington, DC and neighboring commercial and industrial solar markets. NCS’ sales team is responsible for targeting, prospecting, and generating leads, educating customers, delivering proposals, and negotiating contracts to close projects for solar development within the commercial and industrial (C&I) sector. This leader will be tasked with managing the NCS sales team as well as fostering community and customer relationships. This position will work closely with the VP of Development and be a member of NCS’s leadership to ensure we are executing our market strategies across the District and Maryland – and eventually Mid-Atlantic and New England.
- Motivate, energize, and lead the NCS sales team to achieve its core mission of fueling C&I solar development growth
- Create, implement, and update targets, budgets, staffing plan, and quota attainment strategy to ensure sales is providing the capacity for NCS to meet annual development goals and targets
- Develop quotas, provide day-to-day personnel management, trainings, and work with the Sales Operations Manager to manage reporting tools and track progress to sales goals
- Hone individual and team sale and technical skills to maximize efficiency and provide best product offering
- Assist sales leads in originating, structuring, and closing transactions with new customers and provide deal-closing support for customer-facing calls and/or meetings
- Ensure systematic lead generation and customer origination frameworks within core markets, equally invest in short- and longer-term customer relationships
- Work with Sales Operations Manager on RFP responses, delegate individual RFP responsibility to team members, and foster competitive bidding success
- Manage risk tolerances and negotiate, approve, and structure legal documents associated with new business opportunities to ensure NCS’s sustainable risk-mitigated growth
- Act as liaison for Sales to NCS Executive Team and work directly with VP Development to ensure company priorities are met
- Coordinate with various departments (project finance, engineering, project management) to ensure efficiency gains of NCS development platform and systematic advancement of projects through development
- Work directly with the Sales Development Manager to create DC and new market penetration plans, as well as monitor the implementation of those plans.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in relevant field, or at least 5-7 years of solar experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in solar origination or business development
- Strong people skills and customer service, excellent oral and written communication
- Experience and comfortability with legal documents, financial models, and transactions
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and customer management software
- Background in solar development and experience with design, permitting, and interconnection
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: New Columbia Solar is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Occupational Health and Safety: New Columbia Solar provides a workplace free from recognized hazards and complies with standards, rules and regulations issued under the OSH Act.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, printers, scanners, document projectors, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.