Interested in expanding the reach of mental health care in our communities? Interested in joining a rapidly growing organization that puts people first and the communities we serve at the center?
The Josselyn Center team is growing as we expand our Community Mental Health Centers in Northfield, IL and Waukegan, IL!
We are working to bring quality, comprehensive mental health care to as many people as possible, especially those traditionally underserved.
The Josselyn Difference:
- Josselyn is a not-for-profit mental health care provider treating clients from more than 90 communities across northern Cook and Lake counties, with a sliding fee scale.
- Our comprehensive services include: outpatient therapy, psychiatry (including tele-psychiatry), case management, supported employment, wellness, outreach and education, family resources, a therapeutic summer day camp, and a new Intensive Outpatient Program (opening Summer 2021).
- By Fall we will have one of the largest child psychiatry programs in the region.
- We partner with such entities as Rush University Medical Center, Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital, College of Lake County, IL Dept of Human Services, Cook County, and many local municipalities and community based organizations.
- We are proud to offer scheduling flexibility, full benefits, generous PTO, great work/life balance, and a collaborative and supportive work culture.
YOU can make a difference as a mental health therapist. YOU can help expand our reach. YOU can help shape the conversation around mental health in our communities through your work as a mental health professional at The Josselyn Center.
The Medical Assistant will work with psychiatric services team to coordinate and advocate for our patients' care. The Medical Assistant will be required to review patients' charts, and to meet with patients, providers, and other team members to establish the most suitable course of action.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND METRICS
- Provide face-to-face mental health annual assessments
- Facilitate client referrals for additional services consistent with assessed needs physician recommendation and/or client desired outcomes
- Provide brief crisis intervention, stabilization services and supportive counseling to meds only clients.
- Refer client to manager when appropriate
- Regularly consult with psychiatric providers and/or Clinical Operation Manager on specific client related clinical issues
- Under direction of psychiatric providers, Medical Assistant will provide patients medication education print outs that are focused on understanding illness, symptom management and medication compliance
- Other duties as assigned by Clinical Operations Manager
- Participates in quality improvement projects
- Assumes leadership role either by own initiative or when asked by Clinical Operations Manager
- Develop a cohesive and strong team-oriented relationship with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals; evaluate and report on patient health outcomes and work in partnership with interdisciplinary healthcare team to facilitate the best in patient care
- Perform routine procedures (vitals measurements, medication refills etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance of the Medication Closet
- Assist with the management of the Sample Drug inventory to include;
- Logs samples in
- Manages sample supply
- Facilitates communication between Josselyn center doctors and drug reps
- Discards expired samples
JOSSELYN BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Communication: Conveys messages clearly, effectively and concisely both verbally and in writing; listens carefully; uses appropriate language, tone and style.
- Team Player: Works collaboratively and respectfully with team members; builds constructive relationships across departments; values differences
- Dependable: Demonstrates reliability, accountability and dependability; can be counted on to do what he or she says will be done; is trustworthy.
- Adapts to Change: Able to change actions, course and/or approach to doing things to suit a new situation; has flexibility to change; is adaptable.
- Leadership: Establishes vision and direction for his or her area; manages staff and resources to meet goals; is approachable and fosters a climate of respect; provides coaching, feedback and corrective action when needed.
- Minimum requirement of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Minimum two years’ experience as a medical assistant, providing clinical services and medical case coordination, providing services to people with serious mental illness, preferably in a community mental health setting
- Ability to work as part of a team of professionals in a community mental health setting required
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- medical assistant: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Required)