Reporting to the President/CEO, the VP is responsible for the day-to-day administrative and financial operations of the company. This includes timely and accurate reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results, as well as developing annual budgets and forecasts. The VP will be part of the Leadership Team, serving as a strategic advisor/partner to the President helping to drive company performance by providing fact-based analysis and strategic financial direction.
- Ensure that financial information, analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, reliable and relevant, in order to assist the Board, CEO, and Executive Team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Manage financial and business performance by developing appropriate metrics on which to measure the Company’s business, monitoring variances to forecasts, and developing action plans to address variances. Work with Leadership team to identify and address trends, implement corrective actions and performance improvement actions.
- Prepare quarterly Board presentations, attend meetings and lead Financial discussions
- Provide consistent and accurate financial forecasting for company.
- Monitor capital requests and expenditures to ensure within budget and plan.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Ensure that the Company is in continuous compliance with all statutory, regulatory, banking, tax, and other external and internal operating, reporting and record keeping requirements to which the company is subject.
- Manage the Treasury function, including cash management, cash forecasting, accounts receivable and accounts payable. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to meet operating needs of the company.
- Manage tax statement preparation with vendors as needed, for all related company and shareholder activities.
- Maintain key banking and audit relationships, ensuring both are aware of all significant business developments and partner on strategies to ensure company is always adequately funded.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets to monitor progress and present financial metrics internally.
- Assist the President and Leadership Team in the development and execution of operating policies and procedures as needed.
- Lead IT department and ensure technology “best practices” are identified and followed.
The VP will be a reliable leader with 8-10+ years of broad finance and accounting experience in a Private Equity backed environment. The VP will have experience managing the finance & accounting function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) within a diverse entity. The successful candidate will have the ability to function on a broad-based, strategic level and see the “big picture”, in addition to being hands-on and capable of diving into the details and data when needed. The VP will have the following experience and attributes:
- BS in Accounting, finance or business administration
- Strong working knowledge of financial planning and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, cost accounting, risk management, and tax and treasury
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrable passion for driving results
- Hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Success in managing additional functions such as IT
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience and comfort managing banking and audit relationships
- Work experience within a vertically integrated manufacturing company is desired
- Private Equity backed business experience strongly desired
About Our New Location
Patriot Place is a shopping, dining and entertainment destination located adjacent to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts. Patriot Place features large and boutique retailers, 23 casual to high-end restaurants and other nightlife venues. Among the highlights of Patriot Place are New England’s first Bass Pro Shops, a state-of-the-art, 14-screen Showcase Cinema De Lux, the award-winning Patriots Hall of Fame presented by Raytheon, the retro-style bowling alley, Splitsville Luxury Lanes, the modern gastro sports pub, CBS Sporting Club, the four-star Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough/Patriot Place and Helix eSports, the region’s largest egaming center and social hub. Patriot Place is also the home of Brigham Health and Brigham and Women’s/Mass General Health Care Centers. For more information, visit www.patriot-place.com, follow Patriot Place on Twitter (twitter.com/patriotplace) or like Patriot Place on Facebook (facebook.com/patriotplace).