Total Mortgage Arena is a sports and entertainment venue managed by Oak View Group and is located in the heart of Bridgeport, CT. The arena is home to the Bridgeport Islanders (AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders), Sacred Heart University Men’s ice hockey, and Fairfield University Men’s and Women’s basketball. In addition to the various sporting events held year-round, the arena plays host to various concerts, comedy shows, expos, and family shows.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Performs work to prepare the facility for events, including but not limited to, assembly and disassembly of basketball court, hockey rink, concert stages, etc.
- Responsible for the moving and assembly of event related materials including tables, chairs, carpet runners, benches, team equipment, hockey dashers, hockey glass, basketball flooring, etc.
- Responsible for basic operations and facility maintenance tasks, including landscaping, painting, minor repairs, cleaning, power washing, etc.
- Setup and breakdown of all retractable seating
- Must be able and willing to:
- Work nontraditional hours including overnights, weekends, and holidays when required
- Walk, stand, crouch, and generally move around the facility for four – six hours at a time
- Lift and move at least 75 pounds
- Speak and understand conversational English
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Display a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Take direction from supervisors and work collaboratively as part of a team
- Work in a variety of different environments, indoors and outdoors, which may contain loud noise, bright lights, and ranging temperatures
- Use basic equipment including power tools, pallet jacks, landscaping equipment, etc.
Salary: $13.00 per hour
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.