Webster Bank Arena | Bridgeport, CT
Webster Bank Arena is a sports and entertainment venue, managed by Oak View Group Facilities and is located in the heart of Bridgeport, CT. The arena is home to the Bridgeport Islanders (AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders), Sacred Heart University Men’s ice hockey, and Fairfield University Men’s and Women’s basketball. In addition to the various sporting events held year-round, the arena plays host to various concerts, comedy shows, expos, and family shows.
We are looking for individuals that want to help create unforgettable guest experiences while also striving to provide the best customer service possible. Some of the areas in which our event staff assist include ticket taker, security (bag checking), usher and crowd management.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ticket scanning, security screening, assisting with guest questions, responding to incidents inside the bowl and on the concourse, directing guests around the venue, etc.
- Provide exceptional guest service during all events held at Webster Bank Arena
- Monitor and report any potential unsafe situations to management
- Foster a positive and enjoyable environment for all guests attending an event
- Find opportunities to improve the guest experience
- Engage guests in a proactive manner to answer questions and communicate security requirements, while ensuring they enjoy their time in the arena
- Monitor assigned areas to ensure all security requirements and arena rules are being followed
- Maintain order at events, while keeping a cool head under pressure
- Must be able and willing to:
- Stand and walk for four to six hours at a time
- Have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Work inconsistent and variable hours depending on event schedule
- Read, speak and understand English (ability to speak multiple languages a plus, but not required)
- Work in a variety of different environments, indoors and outdoors, which may contain loud noise, bright lights, and ranging temperatures
- Must be comfortable around large crowds
- Upbeat, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Customer service oriented with a desire to help guests
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work calmly in a fast-paced environment
Salary: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.