Purpose: To drive Meow Wolf’s total rewards strategy and program.
Location: WFH/ Remote friendly.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Sr. Director, Total Rewards is responsible for ensuring that Meow Wolf’s compensation, benefits, analytics, and Human Capital Management systems are competitive, sustainable, scalable, and have a positive impact on our employees and our performance. This role will manage the day-to-day workflow of Rewards team regarding Employment Law, Employee Benefits & Perks, Compensation, Payroll, HR Compliance, People Analytics and Records Management.
As the Sr. Director, Total Rewards you will interface with employees at all Meow Wolf locations, serve as a key member of the Human Resources senior leadership team, and contribute to the overall Human Resources strategy and objectives across locations. In partnership with the executive team and leadership teams across locations, you will support Meow Wolf’s mission, vision, and objectives by facilitating a people-first culture with next-generation, game-changing total rewards programs and systems that reimagine how creativity is valued in the world.
You will be integral in delivering a total rewards program that will attract, reward, and retain our greatest asset –our employees.
How you will do it…
- Total Rewards Strategy and Structure – Develop a Total Rewards philosophy and supporting policies and practices.
- Strategic Leadership – Provide strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, administration, and communication of Meow Wolf’s Total Rewards programs including pay, incentives, benefits, employee wellbeing: healthcare and financial, employee recognition and other rewards.
- Compliance – Maintain current knowledge of related government regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security act (ERISA), FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, and other applicable Labor and/or Tax laws and regulations; ensures compliance with these regulations, including record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Talent Retention –Analyze the market competitiveness and cost-effectiveness of our compensation and benefit plans to ensure they optimize our ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Total Rewards Team Leadership –Oversee the Total Rewards team, providing day to day leadership and development of the Total Rewards team.
- Reporting & Analysis –Develop informative people analytics to steer decision making and provides ongoing HR reporting and analytics such as census and data demographics.
- Employee Recognition –Implement a rewards and recognition platform that supports the international growth of the business.
- Human Capital Systems –Facilitate the development and management of our HCM systems to enhance employee self-service and HR reporting/ analytics capabilities.
- Business Expansion Planning –Develop, administer, and oversee the management of competitive total rewards programs that support expansion into international markets.
- External Relations –Manage all broker and benefits vendor relationships, benefits contracts, and bid negotiations.
- Communications –Draft all Total Rewards related communications, including policy change notices, surveys, enrollment materials, and benefit orientation materials. Ensures proper distribution and receipt of all rewards related documents and process changes with brokers and vendors.
- Employee Relations – is an employee and management advisor, advocate and representative in all issues regarding Total Rewards programs.
- Culture of Engagement – creates a work environment conducive to a highly-motivated and fully engaged team, delivering their best for each other and the business.
- Social Impact – engages in community events that align with Meow Wolf’s social impact philosophy supporting women and children, education, and cultural arts programs.
- Performance Development – administers performance management and merit review processes in an environment of coaching and feedback.
To be successful in this role…
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources management.
- Professional Human Resources certification preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience designing and implementing Total Rewards programs (compensation, benefits, human capital management systems)
- Previous experience with Paylocity or other payroll systems strongly preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits programs (health, 401(k), etc.), and experience working with external vendors
- Experience developing and/or managing executive compensation plans strongly preferred
- The ability to influence and present to senior leadership and the Board of Directors
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You will use Google Suite to create/ share documents, email, and create calendar meetings and schedule interviews as well as to track, analyze, and share data-centric updates with internal stakeholders across time zones.
- You will use Zoom as our primary video conferencing platform to set up meetings and interviews.
- You will navigate through Paylocity as our principal HRIS and ensure the accuracy of the data being entered.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, from Monday to Friday.
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM and operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. You must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel as appropriate to business locations to work with stakeholders and attend meetings.
- This position has supervisory responsibility with direct reports to include Payroll Manager, Benefits Specialist, Corporate Travel Manager, HR & Compensation Analyst.
You will get to know Meow Wolf by…
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Immersiversity.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s Employee Handbook.
- Experienced in successfully developing and launching a robust total rewards program?
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new software and web-based tools?
- Creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 6 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.