Starting Pay: $43,160 - $71,760 per year
Status: Year-Round Salary (Exempt)
This position ensures that the F&B teams meet department goals of cleanliness and guest satisfaction by creating a welcoming, clean, and friendly environment in one of our 5 restaurants. Works closely with F&B management team to meet financial department goals.
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire.
- 401 (k) for eligible employees.
- Paid time Off for all full-time employees
- End of Season Bonus.
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Supervises F&B staff in F&B operations, cafeterias or table service restaurant, including training, coaching, goal setting, performance evaluation, discipline and termination If needed.
- Responsible for payroll, tip reconciliation, ordering, as well as hiring
- Train staff to cash handling and service standards set forth by F&B management team.
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list, and overall service level.
- Works closely with all F&B management to ensure cohesive message/ management of staff.
- Ensures that staff have the training and resources to do their jobs to the best of their abilities.
- Maintain operational knowledge of all F&B systems including InfoGenesis and Agilisys applications as resources for communication and revenue collection for F&B Outlets.
- Opens/ Closes restaurant including but not limited to labor management, securing building, and daily reconciliation of POS.
- Responsible for monthly inventory for all front of house items.
- Maintain cleanliness of F&B operations and ensure that everything is in working order or seek repair of equipment in the cafeterias, bars, bathrooms, and deck areas.
- Interacts positively with all customers to ensure they are receiving the best product and experience. Work well with all A-Basin staff.
- Executes group functions including managing staff to set up, tear down, and serve in banquet style setting. Responsible for settling payment for event.
- Adhere to and be a leader in A-Basin Sustainability efforts for waste, compost, and recycling.
- Actively looks to solve problems creatively and effectively with regard to guest and employee issues. Maintain confidentiality when needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivaled preferred
- Prior F&B experience required.
- 2 years management or supervisor experience required
- 2 years of Cash Handling experience required.
- 2 years restaurant front of house specific experience
- Lead by example
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to keep focus in a crowded setting.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a productive team player.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- May be asked to ski or ride to commute to the restaurant in which case would need to ski or ride at an immediate level and pass a ski test.
- A successful employee that has a great attitude, flexible, and a willingness to be part of a team.
- You will work in a table service restaurant environment with most time spent working indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role. Some work time will be spent in an office setting, sitting down, using a computer.