Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Camp Ranger is responsible for maintenance, repairs, upkeep and appearance of the camp buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
Must reside at YMCA Camp Gorham providing on-call services for maintenance needs.
· Responsible for maintenance, upkeep of buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles, and roads.
· Perform preventative and corrective maintenance functions for the camp.
· Order and maintain inventory of equipment, tools, supplies, etc.
· Train and supervise maintenance staff. Assist with hiring of maintenance personnel as required.
· Coordinate with the Executive Director to identify short and long term projects.
· Arranges for services (refuse pick-up, phone, gas, etc.) to be performed by outside companies.
· Maintain requirements for New York State Health Department and American Camping Association.
· Maintain a high quality of cleanliness in all facilities. Ensure all facilities are safe for campers and staff
· Work with VP of Properties and Chief Strategy Officer on special projects and various operational issues important to the Association.
· Assist with department budget development and management.
· Relate to Board of Management and/or committees as requested by Executive Director.
· Provides direct leadership and support for all volunteer work weekends.
· Reside at Camp Gorham and is on-call for maintenance needs.
· Attend any required meetings or trainings.
· All other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work indoor and outdoor in normal environment with some exposure to noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
· Ability to move within the building including movement from floor to floor and outside the building.
· Ability to lift to 75 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
· Ability to bend, stoop and squat.
· May handle chemicals as part of the daily operational duties.