The Banquet Manager is the liaison between the Banquet Sales Manager, Executive Chef, and customer. This role oversees hosting of events including event space set-up/tear-down, food and beverage coordination with the Kitchen, and staff scheduling to ensure customers receive a level of service that exceeds expectations. Some essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Reviews/Discusses sales contract details with the Event Sales Manager and Executive Chef to determine staffing levels, location set-up, related supplies, decorating materials, and options for food and beverage delivery.
- Plans the venue layout according to the contract, number of guests, and type of event.
- Ensures events are set-up on time and supervises the placement of tables, chairs, cutlery, plates, glasses, table linens, centerpieces, and serving stations.
- Oversees the seating of guests, serving of food and beverages, and clearing of tables.
- Works with the Event Sales Manager to monitor business volume forecast and plan accordingly in areas of labor, productivity, costs, and other expenses.
- Develops orientation and on-going training programs to ensure customer satisfaction and communicates changes in policies and procedures to staff.
- Manages personnel including conducting regular staff meetings, interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning/directing work, evaluating performance, recognizing/coaching, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Works with Human Resources to recruit and address concerns.
- Maintains inventory and storage areas, prepares inventory reports, and prepares proposals for expenditures such as new equipment.
- Answers customer questions and works to accommodate special requests.