Clarke Schools for Hearing and Speech is seeking substitutes for its school in Jacksonville, FL. We seek individuals who are available to be on call any day of the week throughout the school year. When called upon, hours are typically 8:30-3:00 and the pay is $15.00 dollars per hour.
Clarke is an accredited private school and has four classrooms which serves children ages 2-7. At Clarke we teach children who are deaf or hard of hearing to listen and talk.
· To facilitate children’s interaction with a curriculum which is child-centered, based on basic principles of child development and led by a member of the Clarke’s preschool classroom team.
· To engage individual and small groups of students in directed activities that contribute to the development of auditory and spoken language skills.
· To perform other tasks as requested by the Clarke staff you are assisting that day in the classroom to provide a quality educational experience.
· To assist classroom teacher with playground supervision and indoor supervision of playtime during inclement weather.
· High school graduate and experience with children. A college degree is preferred but experience in early childhood settings will be considered.
· CPR/First Aid certification preferred
· Compassionate, positive and encouraging attitude
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
**Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
*** Title IX Notice of Nondiscrimination: Clarke Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. Clarke Schools is required by Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate on the basis of sex in admission, administration of its educational programs or activities or employment. The Chief Human Resource Officer, Karen Katsanos, MA, MBA, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, 45 Round Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01060, telephone number 413-582-1155, has been designated as the employee responsible for coordinating Clarke Schools efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under Title IX. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Part 106 to Clarke Schools may be referred to Karen Katsanos or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, at 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, telephone number 800-421-3481.