How would you like to be the face of Vortex Optics through various social and other online media sources to our customers every single day? The Social Media Specialist at Vortex will do just this. Working with our ever-expanding team, a successful specialist will use creativity, communication skills, computer proficiency and a love for constant change to reach and engage Vortex Nation. With a combined audience of over a million and growing, you will need to have a finger on the pulse of nearly every operation happening at Vortex. No two days will ever be the same and there will never be a time with nothing to do. This isn’t social media in a coffee shop, posting cat pictures and eating a muffin, this is social media on a mission to bring our customers the best online experience in the world. Sound like your kind of gig? Read on to see if we are your perfect fit.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Respond quickly to all customer questions, comments, reviews and concerns on various social platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, newsletters, blogs, and forums
- Lead a strategy for content customer service by leveraging internal resources to educate and engage Vortex Nation with service that surpasses our customer’s expectations
- Work cross-functionally with Consumer Sales and Customer Care teams to resolve product or service problems by selecting and explaining appropriate solutions to resolve the issue
- Work with content team to develop content roadmap with engaging content and copy for posts, understanding the differences between each platform and what structure works best
- Continuously look for areas of opportunity to engage with Vortex Nation and strengthen the Vortex brand
- Engage with the Vortex Nation at their convenience – before hours, after hours, on weekends and of course, during the day
- Analyze social media metrics, and iterate approach based on what’s working/not working to use in decision making at a later date
- Work within social media management platform to schedule posts to target audiences when engagement will be highest
- Assist in developing campaigns across all social media channels to support and continue to build Vortex’s social media channels
- Contribute creative campaign ideas, post fun content on the fly and overall strive to keep our social media content engaging, relevant, and relatable
- Degree in Business, Marketing, English (Creative Writing), Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in Social Media, Marketing or related field
- Highly organized and motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time with competing priorities
- Provides a high-level of customer service while maintaining a professional manner
- Ability to work as part of a team, but also complete individual work
- Proactively collaborates with cross-functional teams to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to provide consistent, fast and friendly customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confidence to take constructive criticism to become the best you can be
- Willingness to work possible one or two hours on weekends and after hours remotely
- Experience in a customer service role is preferred but not required
When you join Team Vortex, you’ll enjoy:
- Great health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- 401(k), life insurance and short- and long-term disability
- Various onsite amenities including a fitness center, a nature preserve with walking trails and dog friendly work areas
- Daycare facility
- Casual and flexible work environment
- Employee discounts on industry leading products
What’s it like to join Team Vortex?
From the production floor to the repair room, from consumer sales to new product development, we’re a growing team of makers and doers, working together to give our customers an experience they’ll never forget. Our employees thrive in situations that require demonstrating our core values:
- About You
- Customer is King
- Willingness to Shovel Snow
- Be the Buffalo
Every Vortex product that leaves our door is covered by our Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty. The Vortex VIP Warranty simply means, if you ever have a concern, issue or want to order a Vortex product, you will be met with a customer experience that will exceed all expectations! Our promise is unlimited, unconditional and lasts a lifetime. Whether your Vortex role is in Sales, Customer Service, IT, Marketing, Finance, NPD or Operations, every day starts with supporting that promise and PUTTING THE CUSTOMER FIRST!
*Must already be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
*This is a full-time, onsite position located in Barneveld, WI.