Yamato has a unique opportunity for a technical person who enjoys working to automate end-to-end business process. This position is responsible for the development, deployment, and support of all major internal business applications as well as the integration of data between those applications to ensure the business has effective tools and access to critical information to operate efficiently. You will modify, code, test, debug and document programs. Design, implement and maintain application systems. Work with key users to develop systems solutions for difficult business problems.
- Collaborates with business process owners and technology vendors to create and maintain platform roadmaps that align with business strategy and maintain platform vitality
- Ensure seamless integration of the entire application portfolio and proactively identify application or system issues improving availability and performance
- Manages operations of business applications in collaboration with software vendors and IT Network Administrator
- Provide user support for assigned applications
- Provide hands-on and remote troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Become deeply immersed and knowledgeable about core business functions, processes and workflows associated with assigned business areas and projects
- Recognize the relationships, dependencies and impacts of neighboring business functions
- Document and analyze current business processes and underlying systems/applications. Assist in the definition of user requirements and in the development of functional specifications.
- Lead product/project discovery, solution definition, requirement elicitation sessions and walkthroughs
- Backup Network Administrator in the maintenance and support of company servers as well as provide general user support when Network Administrator is unavailable
- Provide a general functional knowledge, working systems design knowledge, and project leadership for application systems projects
- Duties include project leadership on a limited basis, technical design, programming and testing
- Provide a thorough knowledge of the technical aspects of systems development, including data base management and computer architecture, and a thorough knowledge of the programming languages used in our applications
- Code and test application customizations