Snowline Hospice is growing! We seek a talented Development Director with a history of fundraising success and a heart for our incredible mission. Experience within healthcare, obtaining large grants and gifts, and with an active network desired.
Snowline is a leading hospice and palliative care provider serving our patients and families for over 41 years.
Reporting to and working closely with the CEO, the Development Director designs and executes a comprehensive fund development strategy for Snowline Hospice. This position is responsible for developing an annual strategic fundraising plan, strengthening annual giving, establishing and maintaining relationships with donors, creating estate planning activities, grant funding, and related opportunities. The Development Director works with the Board of Directors to identify individual gifts and talents and engages them in roles that contribute to the advancement of our agency.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for setting and maintaining an annual return on investment (ROI) goal, individual revenue goal, strategic fundraising plan, and yearly calendar of activities
- Responsible for the daily operations of development activities, including gift processing, donor database management, and donor stewardship
- Manage the grant process, including strategizing, prospecting, writing, and reporting to grant funders
- Expand giving circle through cultivation and solicitation. Identify donors with the capacity to increase their giving levels
- Coordinate estate planning activities, produce estate planning seminars, and coordinate estate planning educational initiatives
- Leverage the Board leadership in advancing the agency's fundraising efforts. Identify Board members assignments and monitor activities
- Personally solicit major gifts by building the donor pipeline
- Increase legacy giving (planned gifts) by engaging individual donors and building their awareness of the mission, vision, and long-term goals
- Initiate, coordinate, and attend special fundraising events. Attend appropriate community events that will increase exposure to potential donors
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Proven experience in developing relationships and nonprofit fundraising
- Excellent verbal, written, public speaking skills required
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with multiple priorities
- Understanding of the steps involved in administering gifts and grants
- Experience and success in securing individual major gifts, grants, and corporate gifts- from identifying prospects to soliciting, reporting, and stewarding
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft applications and donor database programs
- Possession of valid California driver license, access to a reliable automobile, and minimum state-required auto insurance
If you are looking for a meaningful career with a mission-driven organization, this is the position for you, and we encourage you to apply today!
"Snowline is an Equal Opportunity Employer"