US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and creative software engineer with hands-on experience to contribute towards the development of firmware code. The person will use their strengths in embedded programming in many of our new and existing optical metrology instruments. The successful candidate will have a keen mathematical aptitude, a history of developing optimized control and analysis algorithms, and a proven record writing creative bulletproof code. Experience with robotics, cameras, and image processing are big plusses, but are not essential. This position reports to the Software Manager in our R&D department, but requires a high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams. If this describes you and you are looking for an exciting opportunity to use your firmware programming skills to write code that does something useful, then please contact us!
Our small company atmosphere (80 employees) is ideal for those engineers who enjoy the full gamut of product development, from conceptualization, modeling and simulation, to prototyping and laboratory testing. You will build the products you design and see them manufactured for use in consumer, industrial, medical, and aerospace applications. Optikos specializes in taking on interesting and challenging projects and we are eager to add talent to our exceptional team!
About Optikos Corporation:
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
· Write firmware for new and existing instrumentation, mostly on Microchip PIC devices.
· Collaborate with Electronic Engineering in the concept and design phases for new control circuitry.
· Manage software development projects.
· Participate in engineering consulting projects.
· General maintenance, support, and improvement of existing product application code.
· Writing technical documentation such as user manuals and interface documents.
Provide technical support to internal and external customers on software related issues
- Minimum of three years of experience in embedded software engineering role.
- Expertise utilizing direct memory access (DMA), hardware interrupt routines, and function pointer programming skills.
- Experience programming CANbus, UART, SPI, I2C, etc communications.
- Hands on experience with programming some of the following: motion controllers, LCD displays, DACs, A/Ds, I/O controls, PWM controls, PID loops.
- Experience in a full cycle of instrumentation development.
- Firmware development experience using on Microchip PIC Microcontrollers using MPLab IDEs is a plus
- FPGA programming is a plus.
- Expertise in Python programming is a big plus.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or a relevant engineering or science degree.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential
- US citizenship or a permanent residency visa is required
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Optikos is located in Wakefield, Massachusetts. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.