Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
As a Night Recovery Care Coordinator (NRCC) in Contessa’s Virtual Care Unit (VCU) you will be at the forefront of Contessa’s new and highly innovative care model that allows patients who are clinically the option to receive acute level care in the comfort of their own home in lieu of an inpatient setting. As a NRCC, you will leverage Contessa’s proprietary workflow platform, advanced telehealth technology, and our interdisciplinary network of doctors, nurses, social workers, and ancillary providers to improve the health and well-being of our patients during what is often one of the most challenging times in the lives of our patients and their families.
The NRCC is the patient’s advocate and works directly with patients across our markets in multiple states throughout the care model. You will work directly with the patient’s providers in the development of the patient’s personalized care plan and be the primary point of contact regarding the patient’s experience of receiving coordinated care in the home.
Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of a fast-paced start-up culture at an organization leading the country in redefining the way we care for patients that typically would be treated in the hospital setting. In order to best advocate for the patient, you must exhibit boundless empathy, unwavering integrity, and a willingness to go above and beyond to do what is best for our patients, their families, and our physician partners are quintessential attributes of successful members of our team. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of our patients and be a part of shaping a new, innovative space in the health care industry. Contessa is a high-growth start-up and as such we look for individuals excited about the opportunity for rapid career development as they help shape and execute our new and highly innovative care models.
- Assists all patients throughout the care model by acting as a patient advocate and after-hours triage support.
- Connect with providers and patients when change in condition requires escalation to a treating provider.
- Monitors and reviews alerts generated remotely from patient home during afterhours.
- Follows escalation process specific to each market and connect with appropriate on-call clinician, provide report on patient condition, and carry out any orders or changes to treatment plan.
- Maintains all required documentation on provider and patient interactions including visits, intake, interventions, patient issues, and any other elements of the patient’s individual plan of care.
- Generates operational, clinical, and quality reports and presents market updates on a regular basis.
- Manages clinical and operational workflows related to patient change in condition or clinical needs.
- Chart reviews to ensure all pertinent details are included in discharge planning, care management, remote biometrics trending, and summary of care while on service.
- Work with directors and managers to identify areas of weakness in documentation and care management.
- Serve as a documentation expert across multiple EMRs and able to upload important documents per protocol.
- Builds and maintains collaborative professional working relationships with physicians in each of the markets.
- Daily chart audits of clinical documentation to ensure appropriate actions have been taken and documentation is accurate and thorough.
- Listens to recordings of remote telehealth or phone contacts between care team members and patients and provides feedback to supervisor of team members.
- Disposition of calls fully documented and appropriate triage actions taken according to Contessa protocols.
- Able to address emergency situations telephonically and document inside multiple technology applications.
- Education: ASN – Associate of Science in Nursing
- Licensure: Current, active COMPACT RN licensure in good standing and willing to be licensed in multiple states at Contessa’s expense
- Experience: 3-5 years of acute nursing experience and at least 2 years of telephonic triage experience. Possess a general knowledge of clinical standards and outcome measurement
- Work Schedule: Ability to work weekend overnight shifts - ideally every weekend if not every other weekend (6p-6a and 9p-9a shifts available)
- Skilled with multiple EMR systems and exceptional phone skills. Super user EPIC and Cerner preferred.
- Able to work from home over night with equipment provided by Contessa.
- Health: Able to pass required drug screen and communicable disease screenings
- Background: Able to pass detailed criminal background check according to company policy
Qualifications (Desired but not required)
- Education: BSN preferred
- Certification: Care Coordination and Transition Management (C.C.C.T.M)
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to provide superior customer service; every decision needs to be made with the patient in mind. Patient safety is our number one priority.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain written records and reports. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Exhibits exceptional interpersonal skills and proper judgment when dealing with provider partners, staff and patients.
- Ability to predict needs as best as possible and stay one step ahead of the patient’s care.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals. A positive outlook and a can-do attitude is a must.
- Enjoys working within teams; dependable in both productivity and attendance. Flexible and willing to share on-call after hours with other Recovery Care Coordinators is required.
- Ability to consistently communicate with teammates; open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on all commitments.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.