Receives direction from Maintenance Supervisor for day-to-day plumbing needs and other maintenance/facility activities. The Master Plumber (MP) possesses a vast degree of knowledge and expertise to effectively maintain a myriad of plumbing systems and perform preventative maintenance actions to keep systems n peak operating condition. The MP keeps current on Continuing Education courses to ensure applicable plumbing license(s) are up to date. The MP will accomplish all tasks related to ongoing operations, predicable upkeep/preventative maintenance programs for all museum facilities and other AiG properties.
This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Master Plumber is responsible for all plumbing systems for the building, outdoor restrooms, zoo plumbing fixtures, Global Way facility, and rental properties as well as guest house. Aids the Maintenance Supervisor to maintain and repair HVAC systems, plumbing, propane systems, LP, and Pneumatic systems.
- Fully competent in the operation and maintenance of the site Waste Treatment Plant, to include scheduled cleaning, Preventative Maintenance procedures on Pumps, Motors and blowers. Takes daily samples to include pH, ammonia, and other tests to determine the health of the system. Determines when to waste sludge and cleans Sand Filters as needed. Understands leach field configurations and monitors soil saturation to determine when to rotate fields.
- Assist with daily maintenance of equipment, troubleshoots, and provide preventative maintenance, and maintains efficiency and safety of equipment.
- Accomplish tasks relating to the ongoing operations and preventative maintenance schedule for the whole Museum facility.
- Perform repairs, replacements, preventative, and corrective maintenance on equipment and facility assets.
- Identify and assess key areas for possible improvement, involving the facility maintenance.
- Routinely inspects and maintains the building and grounds plumbing assets.
- Maintains a secure, clean and organized work area.
- Participates in all relevant training and staff meetings.
- Assist in housekeeping efforts as needed.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned
- Pulls permits when required and has final inspections when required by law.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.