You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the world. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
Water Quality and Compliance Technicians work in our Splashin’ Safari water park and are responsible for performing a wide variety of duties in the testing, sampling, and monitoring of the water distribution system to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements. This full-time professional will also support the operational teams to help with the operation of the water park, including performing as a lifeguard or slide operator and giving guidance to Seasonal Team Members in the water park.
The essential functions of a Water Quality and Compliance Technician include but aren't limited to:
- Maintain water quality for park slides, attractions, and pools.
- Request capital improvement projects as appropriate through the annual capital budgeting process
- Work with the Attractions Managers during the off season to gather reports, data, and plan for the next operating season
- Comply with ASTM standards regarding slide and water attractions
- Meet, as requested, with insurance company representatives to perform a safety audit of water attractions, and facilities. Must correct any deficiencies in a timely manner
- Work safely and comply with all company and attraction rules and policies, State of Indiana amusement attraction rules and regulations, labor laws, local/state Health Department, IDEM, third-party agencies, and OSHA.
- Organize and prioritize water quality to make sure items are completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for inventory control of all water quality materials (testing equipment, filter materials etc.)
- Monitor water quality at all attractions to ensure compliance
- Monitor and maintain wastewater Outfalls to ensure compliance
- Partner with Attractions Management to help with Attractions duties
- Learn new tasks and skills at the park and attending company sponsored training off-site, if needed
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or GED; Associate degree in related field preferred
- Solid understanding of water quality testing and compliance, previous experience preferred
- Ability to understand industry regulations and apply them to the workplace
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and willing to learn new systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to properly use a respirator and pass a full-face respirator fit test, if needed
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Dependable attendance record
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work full-time and weekends
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status or any other status protected by law.