Reports To: Development Director
Location: Bismarck Office
Date: August 2021
The Business Membership Sales Associate will help grow our member base.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Business Membership Sales Associate will energetically enroll members looking to be part of the Bully Spirit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about Medora and the North Dakota Badlands, about helping others, has a flexible schedule, and can easily build a rapport with people over the phone and in person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sell the benefits of TRMF Business Membership.
- Sell the benefits of the Medora Corporate Rewards Program to businesses and organizations.
- Ability to meet membership targets.
- Initiating contact with potential business members through cold calling.
- Schedule and participate in networking/community events.
- Drive membership sales through outside sales and business development efforts.
- Prompt and professional follow-up on regarding membership questions, all membership leads, member referrals and requests for information through CRM platform.
- Manage retention and recruitment campaigns for business membership and corporate rewards in coordination with the marketing team.
- Pleasantly interact with prospects via phone, text and in person.
- Strong commitment to meeting and exceeding goals.
- Provide referrals to Development Team.
- Serve as the main point of contact for Business Membership.
- Coordinate with reservations center and operations team members to ensure Business members receive high level of service and benefits associated with Business Membership.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.?
- Successful sales background with proven results preferred.
- A strong commitment and passion for Medora, The Badlands and helping people.
- Highly motivated to drive revenue and hit key performance indicators.
- Attention to detail – Ability to keep accurate and thorough notes related to business membership and corporate reward sales.
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency with Teams, Text, email, Zoom, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- Flexible, ready and able to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of ticketing software a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Hospitality or Communications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in membership sales or marketing preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.