US Citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
For nearly 38 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
This position will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of our products and raw materials through the application of incoming, in-process, first piece, and final inspection.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and test precision machined components for dimensional accuracy and quality defects throughout the manufacturing process.
- Inspect and test optical components for dimensional accuracy and quality defects throughout the manufacturing process.
- Optimize inspection methods to expedite inspections and manage equipment capacity.
- Develop and use measurement methods and equipment to determine the dimension features of products conform to the design features.
- Prepare inspection related documentation including detailed inspection reports as well as vendor and internal performance records.
- Troubleshoot and coordinate calibration of various equipment and instrumentation.
- Interface with engineering department regarding inspection processes.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized workspace.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a job shop environment performing precision optical and mechanical inspections.
- Must be able to use a wide range of equipment and measurement devices such as indicators, micrometers, vernier calipers, threaded and straight plug gages, microscopes, and interferometers
- Must have a thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and inspection instructions and determine product conformance based on such documents.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with coworkers at all levels of the organization with respect and dignity.
- Experience working in an ISO 13485 and / or AS9100 regulated workspace is a plus.
- Us Citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.