Reports To: HR Director
Location: Medora, ND
Date: August 2021
The Human Resources position will include Training and Development that will create, develop, implement, and conduct training and development programs for employees. The position will also assist in the daily functions of the HR Department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits and leave, enforcing company policies and practices.
75% Training Development
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers and employees.
- Creates, organizes, plans and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for employees.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill workers specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of test and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Prepares and implements training budget; maintains records and reports of expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
25% Human Resources Generalist
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with Talent Acquisition Specialist and managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assists with implementing new hire orientation and employee recognitions programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limed to compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety;
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management and employment law.
- May select and assign instructors to conduct specific training and development.
- May provide performance evaluations for training instructors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and learning management systems.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Training and Development, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field required.
- At least two years training experience required.
- At least one year human resources management experience preferred.
- SHRM certification a plus.
This position is in an office environment. Evenings, weekends and holidays required from April through October.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. at times.
It is the policy of TRMF to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TRMF will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.