Looking for a new opportunity? Desire to be part of a passionate team?
As a leading 3PL for 15+ years, we have the resources and know-how to manage the pick-up and delivery of product over the ocean, air and land no matter if it is international or domestic. Jillamy offers a full complement of freight forwarding solutions; including a customs brokerage as well as logistics, packaging and warehousing services. A fully-integrated transportation service network excelling in fulfilling our customers’ unique contract packaging, warehousing, shipping needs and capacity requirements, while ensuring reasonable costs and reliable deliveries. We have a warehouse footprint of over 1,000,000 square feet strategically located to major markets. Our food grade warehouses perform pick/pack, kitting, bagging, blister sealing, and provide cross dock capabilities.
We offer a team-based environment that encourages leadership and resourcefulness, and rewards the “roll-up-your-sleeves, let’s get the job done” attitude. We are seeking experienced and qualified candidates for full-time position as a Production Planner Scheduler.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for planning and scheduling of production flow, include the coordination of vendor material delivery within the organization, labor allocation and operations capacity planning. Performance of all tasks involved in the shipment, storage of materials and equipment into and from warehouse. Strong interpersonal skills to interface with customers and associates required.
• Coordinates and schedules production and inventory flow and overall project planning for assigned materials.
• Provides accurate and timely capacity planning across the operations. Proactively and promptly addressed short-notice schedule or material changes.
• Communicates project requirements, expectations, schedule, etc. to all involved personnel prior project start. Develops, maintains and administers a standard requirements document.
• Assists accounting with pre & post job costing to ensure efficiencies and maximized project revenue. Provides recommendations and support of implementation for efficiencies and continuous improvement efforts.
• Ensures labor allocation and staffing assignments are efficient and leveraged to maximized margin.
• Acts as liaison with temporary staffing agencies to obtain additional labor while maintaining costs during peak seasons or based upon specific project demands.
• Works with Manager, Buyer, Sales and Operations to facilitate efficient, safe and quality operations.
• Coordinates with Buyer to place order requisitions with suppliers based upon competitive established pricing and operational demands.
• Supports employees in day to day operations, tasks and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for general compliance, documentation and ensuring safety and regulatory and customer specification compliance.
• Understand SOPs and properly instituting them.
• Ensuring shop rate and margin is met while maintaining quality and efficiency.
• Communicates effectively and professionally.
• Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
• Provides attention to detail and proactively address issues in a timely manner.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
• Operates safely in all conditions.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Follows company policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 2 years production operations planning/scheduling in manufacturing, warehouse, contract packaging or related environment experience required.
• Minimum 2 years of sales, customer service or customer relations experience preferred.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
• Calm Demeanor and level head for troubleshooting and handling issues as they arise. Must be capable of operating in fast-pace, rapidly changing environment with professional and engaging “Can-Do” proactive approach.
• Ability to develop and carry out policies and procedures to meet customer or project specifications.
• Customer contact and prior experience preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required with internal and external stakeholders. Must respond well to questions and have ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines.
• Sharp attention to detail including accurate data and numbers.
• Ability to organize/prioritize work in order to productively and efficiently meet deadlines.
• Professional presence with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve effective solutions.
• Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment.
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office and related technology.
• Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work flexible hours across all shifts, overtime, weekends, etc based upon business operational demands and may be required to operate across various locations.
Generous competitive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx plans, Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurances, 401(k) plan with Employer Match, Voluntary Term Life/AD&D, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Direct Deposit, Annual Reviews, etc.
Interested candidates should apply online at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/4919/Jillamy-Inc for immediate consideration. For more information, please visit our website at www.jillamy.com .
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, age, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, non-job related handicap or disability or veteran status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Jillamy, Inc. Human Resources Department.