The Financial Operations Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting the Financial Operations team by delivering world-class service to internal and external clients of MidAmerica. The individual in this role has the potential for career growth within the department if high performance and the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment are demonstrated. The primary responsibility of the Financial Operations Analyst is to ensure that payments to participants are processed timely, accurately, and efficiently, including the execution of key controls, so our customers are taken care of when they need their money promptly. The successful candidate will process payment requests for all Plan types including 3121, Special Pay, and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), and will maintain accounting records and verify accuracy. The incumbent will have a thorough understanding of accounting principles and exceptional attention to detail. The ability to troubleshoot and recognize errors is essential to the role.
· Perform daily payments procedures for all plan types including 3121, Special Pay, and HRA for participants and employers.
· Utilize applicable website applications to import ACH direct debit payment instructions.
· Answer or escalate internal questions with a strong understanding of MidAmerica’s product offerings.
· Consistently achieve data integrity and drive to meet quality metrics and goals.
· Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements to ensure efficiency and consistency in execution.
· Deliver exceptional on-demand client support for clients and partners which results in high customer satisfaction ratings at MidAmerica.
· Develop successful and effective working relationships within the team and with other departments.
· Ability to provide professional and articulate written and verbal communication.
· Must routinely meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines.
· Ability to work with highly sensitive financial information.
· High performers interested in growth will have the opportunity to move into positions of greater responsibility within the Financial Operations team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or another Finance-related field required.
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication, and evaluation skills.
· Understanding of accounting principles.
· Motivated and eager to learn and grow accounting skills within a small, private equity-owned company. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel (demonstrated ability) and the willingness to learn new systems as required.
· Must have superior organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize (time management). Benefits administration industry experience preferred.
· Familiarity with Great Plains preferred.
· In-office attendance required.