JOB TITLE: WINE EDUCATOR
DEPARTMENT: TASTING ROOM
REPORTS TO: Director of Hospitality
Responsible for tasting room wine sales and providing education on all winery brands. Conducts guest experiences and tours and assists at special functions as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to greet guests with a warm welcoming and delightful manner. Ability to share the winery, family history and educate them about the wines.
- Ability to present & deliver a memorable wine education tasting. Ability to be yourself, be engaging, have fun and create memorable moments for guests.
- Ability to offer guests products and other purchasing opportunities. Ability to share offers, experiences, clubs and special seated tasting at our Rutherford property.
- Ability to utilize POS registers to process purchases and accurately input guest information.
- Must be able to be a team player and assist in other duties needed to support the Tasting Room.
- Bachelors in Business preferred, or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of four years in a sales role, wine sales is preferred.
- Experience with AMS is preferred.
- Proven record of successful sales; ability to close, upsell.
- Engaging, with the ability to entertain and educate guests.
- Consistently professional and polished in appearance.
- Wine knowledge or interest in learning about wine.
- Effective communicator, able to speak about wines, varietals, winemaking.
- Ability to build a relationship with guests in a short period of time.
- Coachable willingness to learn and perform company requirements.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be 21 years of age.