Peju Winery is a family owned and operated company located in Rutherford. We farm organically and sustainably, craft wines from our estate-grown vineyards and host our guest with memorable experiences. Our culture and workplace is friendly, team oriented and family focused. We have been voted a Best Place to Work four years running by the North Bay Business Journal! We provide above market compensation (base plus commission), a motivated sales team and a company that is family oriented. Join a team of people that want to do more than just a job .
Are you the type of person that enjoys hosting and creating positive lasting impressions for guests? We are seeking a top salesperson with engaging presentation skills to bring their creativity and passion to our company. As a Wine Educator, you will create a tasting experience for guests that results in a long-term relationship with you and the winery, inspires guests to join our wine club and share their experience with others as the highlight of their trip to the Napa Valley.
Department: Tasting Room
Reports to: Director of Hospitality
Essential Job Duties:
- Ability to greet guests with a smile, a warm welcoming and delightful manner. Ability to be yourself, be engaging, have fun and create memorable moments for guests.
- Ability to present & deliver a memorable wine tasting experience in a manner that is dynamic, passionate and energetic.
- Ability to share with guests our winery and family history and educate them about our wines.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to guest expectations and requests in order to prioritize guest satisfaction above all else.
- Ability to respond spontaneously and entertain and educate guests; ability to present a fresh and personalized experience to every guest.
- Ability to offer guests products and other purchasing opportunities and effectively convert them to Peju Wine Club Members.
- Ability to promote current offers, experiences, clubs and special seated tasting.
- Ability to utilize POS registers to process purchases, carry out and shipping and accurately input guest information.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency imperceptible to guests.
- Must be able to be a team player and assist in other duties as needed to support the business.
- Bachelors Degree in Business preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
- Minimum of four years in a sales role, wine sales is preferred.
- Experience using retail point of sale systems highly desirable, AMS preferred.
- Proven ability to ask for the sale, upsell and close.
- Consistently presents self in a professional and polished manner, consistent with our brand and Standards of Appearance.
- In all endeavors, demonstrates attention to quality, an entrepreneurial spirit, transparency and openness, respect, and integrity.
- Wine knowledge or interest in learning about wine.
- Effective communicator: able to speak about wines, varietals, winemaking.
- Coachable willingness and eagerness to learn and perform company requirements. Inquisitive and asks questions to ensure understanding.
- Positive and humble attitude; ability to work well independently as well as harmoniously with a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and occasional evenings is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be 21 years of age.