The manufacturing engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing support for existing products and for developing and introducing new products and equipment.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for coordination of all aspects of assigned processes; input, output, efficiencies, and material flow.
• Provide manufacturing input to new and existing products (design for manufacturability); follow escalation process if design for manufacturability is at risk.
• Review and maintain all inputs required for the manufacturing of the part (BOM, routing, production versions).
• Develop and document training for manufacturing equipment and processes to ensure operators are properly trained to produce product, and responsible for the initial training to the initial production team (team leaders, operators, TPM specialists, etc.).
· Create equipment specifications for new products to meet the requirements of cost and quality for the new products.
· Coordinate the acquisition of the new equipment in coordination with Purchasing.
· Coordinate the new product introduction in the manufacturing plant with all the departments.
• Ensure maximum first pass yield and minimum scrap from assigned processes.
• Develop new manufacturing processes that utilize new technology and introduction.
• Provide manufacturability input to Design Group for new and existing products.
• Develop line balancing and efficient line layouts to ensure good process flow.
• Provide technical leadership to production for new and existing processes.
• Establish and maintain process instructions and documentation.
• Develop and provide training for manufacturing equipment and processes.
• Assist in developing corrective action and preventative actions for customer returns.
• Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
• Other Job duties will be assigned as required by Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Electronic, Electrical, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
• 5+ Years of experience in the manufacturing industry.
• Knowledge of SMT, through hole, wave solder and final assembly processes.
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
• Must be willing to take a leadership role in all assigned activities.
• High level of accuracy is mandatory.
• Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining organization and tracking deadlines.
• Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
• Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.