StarVista is a non-profit agency in San Mateo County with a unique and diverse portfolio of over 30 programs offering counseling, skill development, and crisis prevention services to over 44,000 residents annually. We are seeking a highly organized and energetic individual interested in building long-term giving relationships to support our programs. As Development Coordinator, you will report to the Development Manager, work closely with other members of the Development and Marketing team, and engage with Board members, volunteers, donors, supporters, and staff through meetings, mailings, events, and print and digital materials.
POSITION PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES:
To strengthen, maintain, and expand StarVista’s capacity for individual and private fundraising by being a key contributor to all aspects of the major gifts program including events and campaigns. Alongside members of the Board of Directors, Executive Staff, and the Development team, the Coordinator works to foster a culture of philanthropy and engagement within the organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- In depth knowledge of and ongoing engagement with StarVista’s fundraising model including timelines and goals, and focused effort toward achieving those goals in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Development Manager.
- Donor and Community Engagement
- Join the Mission Advancement Team (MAT) including members of the Board of Directors, Executive Team, Development staff, and program staff
- Maintain a calendar of MAT meetings, events, and documentation in line with deadlines
- Prepare and review materials for monthly, quarterly, and annual community engagement events
- Assist with planning and lead logistics before and during community engagement events
- Collaborate with the MAT, where necessary, to coordinate and carryout community engagement events
- Function as primary point of contact for program staff participating on the MAT including orientation
- Maintain schedules for and participate in donor follow-up calls and other touchpoints
- Attend donor meetings and assist with donor prospecting
- Build, maintain, and manage a list of individuals willing to host a community event on StarVista’s behalf
- Identify and coordinate volunteers for various events/purposes
- Assist with collecting high-impact client stories
- Maintain and strengthen processes for tracking engagement
- Work with the Development Manager and the Development Associate to revise the donor database to enhance functionality, as needed
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of donations, multi-year pledges, and engagement
- Evaluate and report on engagement processes and fundraising outcomes on an ongoing basis, making recommendations as needed
- Collaborate with Marketing staff to produce content for newsletters, annual reports, blogs, or event and campaign materials, as needed
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local businesses to enhance community engagement efforts
- Be an active member on internal committee(s) connected to the job function, e.g. Staff Development Committee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly organized and able to prioritize deadlines
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Critical thinker adept at problem solving
- Flexible, willing to learn and evolve with the agency
- Experience coordinating and hosting events
- Experience using and manipulating data in databases and running reports
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office online
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Deep understanding of and ability to communicate StarVista’s mission and values
- Able to produce clear internal and external communication materials
At least two years of project management and/or fundraising, communications, or equivalent experience.
Bilingual in English and Spanish