Interested in expanding the reach of mental health care in our communities? Interested in joining a rapidly growing organization that puts people first and the communities we serve at the center?
The Josselyn Center team is growing as we expand our Community Mental Health Centers in Northfield, IL and Waukegan, IL!
We are working to bring quality, comprehensive mental health care to as many people as possible, especially those traditionally underserved.
The Josselyn Difference:
YOU can make a difference as a mental health therapist. YOU can help expand our reach. YOU can help shape the conversation around mental health in our communities through your work as a mental health professional at The Josselyn Center.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for executing the essential recurring tasks of the billing department.
Essential Responsibilities and Metrics
· Verifies client insurance within 24 hours of receipt.
· Sets client fees and explains financial responsibility.
· Creates daily billing report for reception detailing copays due at time of service.
· Posts insurance payments, client payments and billing adjustments as needed.
· Assists with claims resolution.
· Stay current with medical coding guidelines and industry updates.
· Answers client and staff billing questions.
· Other special projects as assigned.
Josselyn Behavioral Competencies
· Communication: Conveys messages clearly, effectively, and concisely both verbally and in writing; listens carefully; uses appropriate language, tone, and style
· Team Player: Works collaboratively and respectfully with team members; builds constructive relationships across departments; values differences
· Dependable: Demonstrates reliability, accountability, and dependability; can be counted on to do what he or she says will be done; is trustworthy
· Adapts to Change: Able to change actions, course and/or approach to doing things to suit a new situation; has flexibility to change; is adaptable
· Associates Degree or certification in medical billing or related field or equivalent experience
· Proficient in billing software and Office 365 Suite; CIS experience preferred
· Minimum of 3 years progressive experience in behavioral healthcare billing; both Medicaid, Medicare, and MCOs and commercial payers; behavioral health preferred
· Sound knowledge of health insurance providers
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Passion, dedication, and humor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year