Mission Statement: It is our mission to improve the quality of life for the diverse communities of South Los Angeles and Southeast Los Angeles County by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment. We aim to lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
The Dental Patient Services Representative (DPSR) is responsible for registering and processing patients for appropriate appointments and services, including, but not limited to: scheduling and canceling appointments; and verifying eligibility for specific programs and services.
· Answers multi-line telephone, ensuring that all calls are channeled to, and responded by the appropriate personnel
· Responds to patient inquiries
· Makes reminder calls to patients regarding scheduled appointments and follow-up medical care
· Conducts intake and outtake of patients
· Schedule’s patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner
· Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor.
· Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy
· Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
· Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes
· Post’s payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts
Education and Knowledge
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Knowledge of filing systems and medical terminology
· Vocational training in Office Administration, preferred
· Must have minimum of 2 years or more clinical experience as a Dental Patient Services Representative
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
· Knowledge of NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
Licensure and Certifications
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred