Title: Dental Patient Services Representative
Base Salary Range: $37,440 - $43,179 plus benefits
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Dental Patient Services Representative (DPSR) is responsible for registering and processing patients for appropriate appointments and services, including, but not limited to: scheduling and canceling appointments; and verifying eligibility for specific programs and services.
- Registers and processes patients for appropriate appointments and services, including, but not limited to: scheduling and canceling appointments; and verifying eligibility for specific programs and services.
- Responding to patient inquiries
- Schedules appointments
- Makes reminder calls for scheduled appointments
- Makes recalls for patients needing follow-up medical care
- Intakes & outtake of patients
- Conducts financial screening of patients, insurance or other medical coverage verification.
- Assists in opening/closing clinic
- Internals and Externals referral processing, scheduling, and follow up
- Telephone outreach to patients on managed care list
- Encounters billing for Managed Care and HMO contracts
- Attendance and punctuality is essential in order to provide quality of care to patients, face-to-face interaction with patients, and to work with provided healthcare equipment collected at clinics
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company