The Wooten Company’s Raleigh, NC office is seeking a Sr. Professional Land Surveyor who will work closely with the Geomatics Practice team. This position provides the opportunity to be an essential part of the growth of our Geomatics practice while also being an integral participant in the continued growth of our firm.
ABOUT THE WOOTEN COMPANY
We are a multi-disciplinary firm dedicated to providing engineering, geomatics and architectural services to municipalities, counties, water and sewer authorities, educational institutions, and private industry across the Carolinas. We provide our clients with consulting for civil / environmental engineering, mechanical / electrical / plumbing engineering, architecture, and GIS / surveying services. These departments work together with our team of funding specialists to provide financing assistance for many local government projects and we pride ourselves on having helped raise over $600 million in grants and loans for infrastructure improvements and community enhancements. As communities across North and South Carolina face ever changing environmental and economic challenges, we remain dedicated to providing and improving the infrastructure necessary to remain one of the country's best places to live, work, and raise a family.
- Medical, dental, vision options to fit your needs - High Deductible Health Plans as low as $16 per paycheck, traditional PPO plans as low as $105 per paycheck, both with exceptional 80% coverage and great provider networks.
- Prescription drug plans
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance - you're covered!
- Company paid short and long term disability - you’re covered!
- Paid Holidays to spend time celebrating - 10 per year!
- Generous paid time off - 12 days available immediately on date of hire!
- Up to 4% 401(k) company matching - Free $$ for your retirement!
PERKS & TOOLS TO SUCCEED
- Lunch and Learn Seminars
- Continuing Education / Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Registration and Organization Reimbursement Program
- Employee referral bonus program - know someone who’s a potential future Wootenite? Refer someone and if they’re hired, you get a bonus!
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) — Health Care and Dependent Care Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Supplemental life insurance options for you and your dependents at our low rates.
- Summer Hours - flexible work schedules so you can enjoy the sunshine!
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - we share our profits and deposit the cash right into your 401(k) annually.
- Profit-based Annual Bonus - another way we share our profits with the people who make our world go around!
- Branded clothing reimbursement program - wear our cool SWAG at 50% cost
- Employee Appreciate Events - we love to gather (safely) together and hang out or have friendly competitions with prizes
Who are you? The Sr. Professional Land Surveyor will be comfortable in managing numerous and varying projects simultaneously and bring self-motivation, initiative, and energy to the Geomatics Department. You will be able to take survey data and make it walk and talk, understand the importance of the legal aspects of surveying, and work through potential problems. You will know when to ask questions and when to forge ahead independently.
What will you be doing? The Sr. Professional Land Surveyor will be responsible for addressing the project needs of internal and external clients by providing high quality and efficient service with professional integrity and exemplifying the corporate vision and core values of The Wooten Company. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: preparation of scope and fee proposals; consideration of applicable resources, tools, and methods; survey calculations for existing conditions and existing and proposed property and easement lines; and production and certification of plats for topographic, property, and easement surveys. These responsibilities also include interpretation of construction plans and using best practices for calculating horizontal and vertical location of construction stakes.
Who will you be working with? The Sr. Professional Land Surveyor will be working directly with external and internal clients, and survey field and office technicians for a variety of land surveying projects.
Where will you be working? Our HQ is in downtown Raleigh and where this position would be located. Conveniently nestled in the Glenwood South District, the local area is filled with restaurants and nightlife, unique shops, art galleries and studios, and convenient apartment and condominium living. The Wooten Company also has 5 other offices located in Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Greenville, and Hickory, NC as well as Columbia, SC.
- Consistently utilize professional level knowledge and expertise; perform specialized duties in a highly independent manner, and responsible for project management
- Assigned duties require the consistent use of professional judgment and application of specialized knowledge and skill required of a Professional Land Surveyor
- Manage project related research and reconnaissance
- Manage project field activities
- Perform and manage project computations in accordance with statutory and standardized procedures
- Prepare and manage preparation of project deliverables including certified professional reports and maps in hard copy and digital format prepared in accordance with statutory and standardized procedures
- Provide recommendations for continued refinement and collective implementation of high quality and efficient geomatics practice processes, including the use of emerging technologies
- NC Professional Land Surveyor (required)
- Minimum of 5 years land surveying field experience performing property, topographic, route and construction surveys
- Minimum of Associate Degree in relative field OR comparable related experience
- Comprehensive grasp of survey field data processing
- Fundamental understanding of GNSS technology
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven performance of property boundary research, computations, and platting
- Proven competence with industry standard computer aided drafting software
- Proficiency in MS Office suite including MS Word and MS Excel
- Proven experience with construction plan interpretation and staking plan preparation
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player
- Demonstrated attitude to grow personally and professionally in a mutually rewarding culture
The Wooten Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
RECRUITING AGENCIES, PLEASE NOTE
The Wooten Company will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting / search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at The Wooten Company via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of The Wooten Company. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by The Wooten Company as a result of the referral or through other means.