Come find out what makes 75 State Street so special!
Located in the historic West End neighborhood of Portland, Maine, 75 State Street is a nonprofit senior community offering a continuum of care that includes Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our mission is to promote the independence, dignity, and individuality of older people of all financial abilities by offering supportive programs and services in an urban, residential setting.
As a nonprofit organization, we care deeply about people – both for our residents who rely on 75 State Street to provide a safe, supportive environment in which to age in place, and for our staff – without whom we could not maintain our stellar reputation for care and community. When it comes to our staff, we strive to create strong teams, meaningful career growth, and an outstanding work environment.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Maintenance Technician 7:30 - 4:00. The qualified candidate should have working knowledge of building systems, basic electrical repairs, basic plumbing repairs, painting, basic vehicle maintenance, floor care and grounds keeping. Snow removal/plowing experience is a plus. Must be available for occasional on-call shifts and to work occasional evenings/weekends as needed.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide general maintenance services for building and grounds of property while providing excellent customer service, contributing to a quality living environment for all residents, establishing and maintaining a positive and productive working relationship with all departments, and adhering to the agency’s policies and procedures and Assisted Living Philosophy.
- Perform routine, emergency, and preventative building repair and maintenance not requiring a licensed professional, such as painting, electrical, plumbing, and general repairs to the interior and exterior of buildings, and regularly assesses safety and security risks, property cleanliness, curb appeal, and capital needs. Ensure that work is completed within established agency timeframes.
- Manage ongoing maintenance of buildings and grounds, including routing alarm testing, grounds maintenance, and oversight of outside contractors, reporting any problems and/or issues to Plant Operations Director and Maintenance Foreman.
- Ensure that grounds are safely maintained daily and in compliance with 75 State Street standards, including maintenance in the event of inclement weather such as snow removal, salting, and sanding as necessary.
- Follow safety procedures and report hazards promptly.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment, updating quarterly.
- Report maintenance issues to appropriate parties when unable to repair in a timely manner.
- Prepare units within established timeframes between move out and move-ins, including participating in move-out inspections and developing plan for turnover work.
- Coordinate and communicate with subcontractors as necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Adhere to all applicable state, federal, and Agency rules, policies, procedures, and regulations at all times.
- Maintain resident confidentiality and abide by all relevant HIPAA and HITECH regulations and uphold Resident Rights.
- Ensure that all internal and external common areas are kept clean in accordance with Agency policy.
- Embody core values of 75 State Street at all times.
- Must value and foster an environment that ensures respect, support and safety for all members of the 75 State Street community, and actively promote the expansion of ideas, perspectives, and understanding that comes from having a diverse and inclusive community.
- Recommend efficiencies or areas of improvement when relevant.
- Maintain good working relationships with residents and other staff.
- Complete and maintain records, data, and information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Available to work on-call schedule as needed.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to make decisions and use sound judgment.
- Possess basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and general repair skills.
- Ability to complete necessary forms, including online timesheets.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interact well with people.
- Ability to use tools, carry equipment and supplies and climb ladders up to six feet in height.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated by a desire to render services to others.
- Flexibility to take on any task that will enhance the livability and safety of 75 State Street and improve resident experience.
- Capable of exercising individual initiative.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software as needed.
- Comfort with technology in general in order to work with Agency tools and systems, as well as building-specific controls and systems.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including employer paid health, dental, vision, 403(b), flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life, long and short term disability, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and generous earned time. Excellent working environment.