The VP of Advancement holds the primary responsibility to provide vision and leadership of the ministry’s comprehensive advancement goals and efforts in collaboration with the CEO and President and in alignment with the strategic plans/goals of the ministry.
The position oversees the advancement team, including regional advancement officers, and is a part of the ministry’s senior leadership team.
This position is expected to exhibit our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive multi-year advancement strategic plan with milestones to achieve progress toward short-term and long-term fundraising goals to support annual giving, major capital campaigns, and other ministry initiatives in collaboration with the CEO and President.
- Lead and motivate the Advancement team from concept to completion on fundraising goals ensuring accurate, high quality and consistent communication with donors.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the ministry at a variety of donor events.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual donor communications calendar.
- Oversee all general donor activities to include the following: general monthly direct mail solicitations, electronic communications, and lapse donor campaigns.
- Oversee all aspects of the CEO’s monthly letter to supporters to ensure that it is completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Lead and develop fundraising engagement through AiG’s web sites, social media, and email communications.
- Leveraging the significant attendance at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum, evaluate, develop, and implement new and existing donor acquisition, engagement, and retention activities to grow, enhance and retain AiG’s base of support.
- Oversee onsite and regional in-person fundraising events with ministry donors.
- Personally, participate in top-level fundraising activities, including identification and cultivation of major donor relationships.
- Host donors and other VIP friends of the ministry at the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum.
- Coordinate with AiG’s in-house legal counsel on planned giving opportunities, the marketing thereof, and engagement of supporters with these opportunities directly through the regional advancement officers.
- Provide oversight and evaluation of ongoing donor recognition. This includes the following: thank- you phone calls, prayer cards, general thank you letters and special recognition efforts.
- Develop and distribute regular performance tracking and management reports to keep AiG leadership and other stakeholders informed and updated on advancement campaigns, activities, and progress against goals.
- Identify resources needed for capital fundraising campaigns and assign individuals to execute work
- Manage funding activities that interface with donors such as Ark/Creation Museum lifetime membership campaigns, bond issues, and other opportunities.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management