About Morphic Therapeutic
Morphic Therapeutic is a biopharmaceutical company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies for the treatment of serious chronic diseases, including autoimmune, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, fibrosis and cancer. In collaboration with AbbVie, Janssen and Schrödinger, Morphic is advancing its pipeline and discovery activities using its proprietary MInT technology platform which leverages the Company’s unique understanding of integrin structure and biology. For more information, visit www.morphictx.com.
Morphic is advancing both partnered and fully-owned oral integrin therapeutic candidates with the initial clinical trials beginning in the 2020. Our immediate focus is on the areas where the clinical activity of antibody inhibitors of integrins is precedented, thus enabling a rapid path to clinical proof-of-concept. Morphic Therapeutic is located in the AstraZeneca BioHub in Waltham, MA. We are seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to join our culture of teamwork, craftsmanship, tenacity, compassion, and integrity.
The Associate Director of Program Management is a highly visible role and critical to the successful
development of Morphic Therapeutic compounds. This person will work closely with the program
team(s) to ensure the timely execution of development activities. The successful candidate will be a
highly organized, enthusiastic team player who will be proactive in building relationships with internal
and external subject matter experts. She or he will report to the Executive Director, Portfolio, Program,
and Alliance Management.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage one or more internal programs (both preclinical and/or clinical assets) including drafting
and updating the integrated development plan and timeline, quarterly risk mapping exercises, and
• Work with the Program Leader(s) and functional experts to develop and execute program plans.
• Ensure effective communication within the team and more broadly by preparing meeting agendas,
presentation materials, meeting minutes, and following-up on action items.
• Liaise with Finance for program budgeting and reforecasting exercises as well as variance analysis.
• Provide program and functional area updates with team members and senior leadership.
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within the company.
• Develop and maintain timelines for programs and functional teams, ensuring that milestones are
met both internally and with external partners.
• Align corporate goals with program team goals and monitor functional activities to confirm progress
is on track.
• 8+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotech drug development with 3+ years of
demonstrated program management experience or experience managing cross-functional teams.
Knowledge of the overall drug discovery and development process.
• Strong project management skills – timeline development, risk assessment and mitigation planning,
activity tracking and reporting.
• Adept in the use of project management tools – MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or other
modeling and visualization tools.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment, integrate and influence cross-functional issues,
balance competing priorities effectively, and successfully negotiate desired outcomes.
• Strong collaborative, communication and interpersonal skills. Creative problem-solver.
• Superior attention to detail, coordination, organizational, and time management skills.
• Experience developing program budgets, reforecasting expenses, and analyzing and reporting
• Advanced degree in a scientific discipline or MBA is preferred.
• Alliance management experience
• Oncology experience
Morphic Therapeutic is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an environment that maximizes our employees’ development and achievement goals. We strive to treat each employee as an individual, as we seek to foster a spirit of teamwork to help change patients’ lives. In addition to a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401K and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.