Support a Safe People and Safe Food Culture at PURIS!
PURIS is the linchpin between what the farmers grow and the public consumes—a vertically integrated, non-GMO and organic, plant-based seed, ingredient and food formulation company committed to changing how the world farms, manufactures, and eats food at a global scale, all powered by American farmers.
The People Operations and Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing functional support for day-to-day operations of the People Operations (HR) department, in addition, administrative functions for the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) department onsite. The People Operations and Safety Coordinator excels at problem solving and leading individual programs/projects to attract, retain, and develop A-players within the PURIS organization. This role supports all efforts for Safe People and Safe Food initiatives, while driving the PURIS vision of a Plant Strong Planet.
In addition, People Operations and Safety Coordinator must adhere to and embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
PURIS offers competitive wages and eligibility into the TW1 Bonus potential program. Our benefits start 1st of the month following hire date and includes 100% paid life and disability insurance. We offer affordable medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous PTO package and 401K with company match. We offer a safe work environment and COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
People Operations (HR) Responsibilities:
- On-Site first point of contact for all HR/People Operations inquires and communications
- Responsible for onsite hourly recruiting and staffing
- Post open positions, screen candidates resumes, conduct phone screens, schedule hiring manager interviews, etc
- Drive creative recruitment/attract efforts and marketing efforts with diligence to reach full staffing levels (career fairs, promotional items, etc.)
- Actively recruit top talent to PURIS
- Expand and grow established network of A-players in the food industry
- Coordinate New Hire Integration efforts; benefits education, culture, safety training compliance etc.
- Coordinate and gather complete employee data to submit for entry; including new hire onboarding paperwork, termination details, status changes, benefits enrollment, qualifying life events, etc.
- Support Managers with Paylocity time & labor, Biweekly Payroll review of timecards for accuracy
- Coordinate communications and help to field Payroll related questions, escalate issues as appropriate.
- Partner with leadership on employee relations issues; policy adherence, safety training, compliance, corrective action and documentation. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Administer/lead onsite PURIS Proud employee recognition and engagement program(s)
- Maintain employee files
- Assist as needed with annual compliance and audit needs
- Manage leadership calendars to include scheduling meetings, reserving meeting space, order lunches, and prepare presentations
- Support internal company communication regarding People Ops related topics (benefits, etc.)
- Support tracking and reporting of HR metrics (recruiting and employee satisfaction)
- Support training, talent development and performance management efforts
Safety and Other Administrative Responsibilities:
- Assist as needed with various data entry assignments such as invoices, inventory control, etc.
- Coordinate monthly Safety training sessions.
- Coordinate/Schedule/Oversee Health Screening Programs (Vision Test, Respiratory Fit Test, Audiometric Test), including managing Medical Questionnaires, Appendix D Forms, and scheduling test for new hires where applicable.
- Assist with the delivery of safety training content as appropriate
- Assist with logging incidents into DEKRA and ensuring Investigations and Corrective Actions are brought to closure in a timely manner.
- Grade tests and ensure that everyone has had his or her training for the month. Keep records of each test, Ensure make up training is scheduled/conducted.
- Ensure 300 OSHA logs are signed, posted for the required time, and maintained on site.
- Actively participate in the locations Behavior Based Safety Process.
- Oversee the locations PPE program. (Conduct PPE Assessment, Manage Inventory)
- Assist with locally carrying out Covid-19 response plan (records (file) of employee temperatures, Visitor/contractor logs, Temps, communication regarding isolation/quarantine.)
- Order employee uniforms and address any corrections or re-orders
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the People Operations Manager or Site Manager
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of human resource business systems, including payroll and benefits
- Knowledge of business office operations, filing, and administrative clerical operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
- Certification in HR preferred (PHR, SHRM-CP)
- 1-3 years of human resources experience required
- Experience with Paylocity, a plus!
Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily operations
- Strong employee relations, conflict management, and communication skills
- Excellent active listening skills that encourage employees to trust
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to be flexible in assignment of responsibilities
- Ability to conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote
- Occasional travel to Minneapolis and/or other Manufacturing Sites – 5%
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com ) to learn more or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP