Assistant Teacher (Maternity Leave) Early Childhood
Teacher Assistant for Early Childhood (cover a maternity leave) programs assist Lead Teachers in planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of children within a safe, healthy learning environment. They encourage the involvement of the families of the children of the program and support the development of relationships between children and their families.
- Assist the Lead Teacher to supervise and promote activities designed to enhance the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of children enrolled at the ECC
- Assist lead teacher with implementation of appropriate early childhood education experiences
- Assist in planning and implementing the daily program under the direction of the Lead Teacher, which includes lesson plans
- Supervise the classroom when the Lead Teacher is out of the room
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies
- Help to maintain a neat and organized classroom
- Help with the general housekeeping tasks
- Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to Hillel Day School and the ECC at all times
- Treat all children with dignity and respect
- Help children establish good habits of personal hygiene: change diapers and assist with toilet training
- Attend parent group and ECC functions
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Observe record and report on the behavior of individual children as assigned
- Assist the Lead Teacher in other ways as requested
- Other tasks as requested.
- Always put the child first.
- Understanding of current early childhood education practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner
- Ability to lift children, bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, pushing and pulling, and sitting and walking.
- High school degree or equivalent