Job Requirements for a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP):
Basic & Physical Requirements
• Must be able to lift and carry clients who are least 30 pounds
• Must have hearing ability sufficient to evaluate client’s speech
• Must be willing and able to restrain/hold/transport and utilize quick body movements as indicated in the Behavior Support Plan in the course of working with children with challenging behavior
• Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures including kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling, sitting, standing, bending, for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to walk and run to chase clients and maintain a three-foot distance at all times
• Must be able to sit on the floor or stand for extended periods of time
• Must be able to attend to basic needs such as feeding, diapering, toileting, and dressing
• Must have manual dexterity to perform specific computer and electronic device functions for data collection
• Must have visual acuity to read and comprehend written communication though computer, electronic devices, and paper means.
• Must be able to take written data and transfer to electronic files or data base systems
• Must be able to maintain prolonged periods of working on a computer while sitting at a desk or on the floor
• Must be able to assemble, clean and maintain therapy space including toys and furniture
• Must be able to administer medication to clients
• Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology
• Certification of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP)
• State Licensure
• Strong organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and oral communication with colleagues, direct reports, and caregivers
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
• Must be detail oriented
• Be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the team across the organization
• Ability to act with integrity, professionalism
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Must have knowledge of MacOS and be comfortable operating in a primarily MacOS environment.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s technology platforms including CentralReach and Tableau
• Ability to maintain required licensure to practice while employed
Job Type: Exempt, Full Time
Pay is competitive and based on candidate qualifications and experience. Full-time employees will be offered our comprehensive benefits including Paid Time Off, 401k, insurance (health, dental, and vision), and the option of Short and Long-Term disability insurance.
We can’t wait to review your application and for you to join our team!
By submitting your application to Bierman, you are opting into receiving communications from Bierman.
Bierman Autism Centers values diversity in the workplace. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Bierman Autism Centers is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Bierman Autism Centers does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as a candidate for employment, please inform a member of the Talent Acquisition team.
**According to New Jersey mandate, to be eligible for this position, applicants must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19**