Who We Are
We believe that technology is about more than tools that work. It’s about the support of experts who understand the classroom environment, and that technology is driven by instruction. It’s about partners who know what it takes to make learning happen. Vartek is an educational services company supporting K12 schools. We help educators design the learning environment they envision.
Who You Are
You are a service-oriented problem solver. You put the customer first, and you have a curiosity that drives unending learning. You not only can recite our Core Values, but you live them every day: Accountability, Preparation, Performance, Learning, and Evolution. The idea of supporting the mission of transforming educational experiences excites you, and you’re eager to join a hardworking team of like-minded professionals.
The EdTech Leader will provide leadership in identifying, assessing, and managing technology needs for the school or district to the Superintendent or Head of School. The EdTech Leader will direct, coordinate, supervise, facilitate, and/or perform all tasks and elements needed to affect comprehensive integration of appropriate technology into every facet of operations.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of technology for the school or school system.
- Contribute to the infusion of the educational technology into classrooms, libraries/media centers and district offices by providing professional leadership in all areas of technology planning and technology resource management.
- Coordinate development, refinement, and execution of the school’s strategic plan, involving all stakeholders and governance committees.
- Collaborate with the school leader (Superintendent or Head of School) and the administration/cabinet to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate with principals and school staff to make informed decisions.
- Lead school’s initiatives, collaborating across departments, and functional areas that support adoption and implementation of technology in all aspects of school business, including those that improve teaching and learning and promote 21st century skills.
- Create and support cross-functional teams for needs assessment, decision-making, technology support, professional development, and other aspects of district technology program.
- Manage and direct staff in support of all technology applications to help the district meet goals of the strategic plan.
- Supervise or coordinate the skills development of all employees in the operation of technology. Build awareness among employees of available resources and the role of technology in the instructional process.
- Develop and coordinate a broad range of technology-based resources, maximizing the availability and use of resources.
- This position requires travel among building locations and limited travel to other clients or to the district resource center.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Onsite district technology team