Haven Housing, located in North Minneapolis, offers emergency shelter and supportive housing for women and families. The mission of Haven Housing is to provide women in crisis or transition with a stable environment and the opportunity to explore options for their future.
Haven Housing is currently seeking an Advocate Supervisor to join our dynamic team.
The Advocate Supervisor will lead a team of Advocates who work on behalf of our residents. The Advocate Supervisor will manage, schedule, and provide leadership to 5-9 shelter staff at our St. Anne’s Place location. In addition to full-time hours in the first shift, this position will rotate on-call duties and occasionally provide staff coverage at other times. The Advocate Supervisor reports to the Program Manager and serves on the shelter Leadership Team.
· Oversee team of advocates in responding to guest concerns including problem-solving, conflict resolution, crisis intervention, and administration of Haven Housing programs
· Serve as liaison between Advocates and Case Management team
· Recruit, interview, hire, train, supervise, and coach Advocate staff
· Maintain training records of direct reports
· Schedule staff coverage of 24-hour facility, adhering to set budget
· Engage advocates through effective team communication and empower staff through professional development
· Oversee security and safety of the building for guests and staff
· Assist with ordering materials for the facility and guests
· Electronically report information to Hennepin County and other vendors (Centrix, HMIS, HRIS, payroll systems)
· Attend special functions on behalf of Haven Housing
Excellent Employee Benefits including
Salary: $48,000-50,000 year, depending on qualifications
Job Type: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime pay), 40 hours per week. Benefit eligible.
Haven Housing is a Second Chance Employer that will accept candidates with non-violent felony and misdemeanor records. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Haven Housing is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.