The goal of the architectural program is to insure that Schluter Systems products are specified and that we as a company become a key resource for information, education, and solutions for the A&D Community. Increased sales through specifications will establish a solid base of residual income for the company. In addition, the high quality of Schluter Systems products and services will establish in roads for additional and future projects.
• Library updates: This is the service that we provide to help update and maintain libraries of architects or interior designers.
• Architectural and design education (Lunch and Learns): In person AIA/CEU, and product specific presentations. These can be held at an architectural or design office, or held at a separate location such as a dinner presentation or industry event.
• Specification generation: the task of assisting architects, interior designers and mechanical engineers include Schluter systems products into project specifications or master specifications.
• Product recommendations: Working with architects and interior designers to provide recommendations for design concerns.
• Customer support: Providing customer support to commercial tile installers and general contractors regarding product questions and point of sale options.
• Specification review: Review architects or interior designers existing specifications and assist with recommendations for updates.
• National accounts: Work closely with national accounts to build relationships that allow us to increase sales and forecast market trends or potential issues that may arise.
• Trade shows: Attend Commercial and Architectural trade shows to increase relationships with architects, interior designers, national accounts, commercial tile contractors and industry partners.
• Project tracking: Track large projects and national accounts from specification through installation.
• Distributor training: assisting TM’s and CM’s with architectural education for inside and outside distributor sales people.
• Job-site meetings: Visiting Job-site’s pre installation and post installation to assist installers and architect to achieve the desired finished product and prevent issues that may occur.
• Industry associations and committee involvement: Participating in Industry associations and committees to further relationships with manufacturers while promoting Schluter Systems views and products.
• AIA and Commercial presentation development: Continuing to create and update our presentations in conjunction with the Education Manager to include the latest Schluter Systems products and best reflect the current state of installation and future developments within the building community.
• Residential Architectural and Design Firms: Provide Education and support to Residential architects and interior designers.
• Keep the Vice President of Commercial Sales updated on a regular basis.
· Outside sales experience with tile installation materials or other technical sales.
· Familiarity with Company products, territories, markets, and clients.
· Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
· Time and territory management abilities.
· Proven problem-solving abilities.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
· Ability to attend and actively participate in national, regional, and team meetings with overnight stays.
· Ability to travel daily up to 80 percent of the time meeting customers and using the remaining time for planning, preparation and training.
· Ability to drive a Company vehicle and pass a driving record background check (including moving violations, accidents, license suspensions, etc.) to be insurable with the Company’s insurer without surcharges or other additional charges.
o Company-owned vehicles may only be operated by authorized employees and for business purposes only.
o Any driver of a Company-owned vehicle shall, at all times, hold and maintain state driving privileges in the driver’s state of residence without restrictions, unless such restrictions are approved by the Company in its sole discretion
· Willingness to comply with all Company policies and procedures at all times.
· Willingness to attend appropriate educational workshops.
· Company requires employee to live within 25 miles of Boston, MA while employed in this position.