HELIX Environmental Planning, Inc. (HELIX), a California-based environmental consulting and planning firm, is seeking a Senior Regulatory Specialist for its Sacramento County office in Folsom, or its Placer County office in Roseville, California. HELIX offers environmental, biological, landscape architecture, regulatory permitting, cultural resources, acoustical, air quality, habitat restoration, and GIS services to both the public and private sectors. Our Regulatory Division prepares and manages regulatory permitting applications and consultations, and prepares environmental compliance documentation and supporting technical studies for a wide range of projects including highways, rail, airports, energy/utilities and water/wastewater facilities, planned communities, commercial/industrial development, educational facilities, recreation facilities and improvements, agricultural and mining operations and military facilities.
Why work for HELIX? We are an employee-owned firm, hard-working with a casual and collaborative work environment. Our employees describe us as Client-focused, Caring, Team-oriented, Focused on Integrity, and Flexible. In addition to our competitive benefit package, we have robust, award-winning wellness and community volunteer programs and much more! We are excited to meet you!
The Senior Regulatory Specialist responsibilities will include, but are not limited to: preparation, processing and managing of Clean Water Act and California Fish and Game Code permit applications; leading federal and state Endangered Species Act consultations and permitting; representing clients in both in-person and virtual meetings and phone calls with regulatory agency staff; developing and negotiating mitigation strategies; tracking schedules and budgets; interfacing with biologists, GIS specialists and other environmental technical experts regarding biological and other supporting technical studies and permit processing; and managing project contracts. The position will also require business development, preparation of proposals and scopes of work, as well as accurate budgets, and related general company marketing support, and management of multidisciplinary teams of biologists and other technical specialists and consultants. Production of high-quality work products and the provision of excellent client service are mandatory.
Candidates must have the ability to simultaneously manage permit processing for multiple projects, work well with internal and subconsultant Team members; and be able to complete projects on schedule and within budget. Candidates must have demonstrated strong client and agency relationships, and must have the technical expertise, enthusiasm, and persistence to effectively manage environmental permitting processes.
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.
HELIX is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.
#permitting #regulatory #environmental #environmentalpermitting #biology #wetlands #endangeredspecies
Minimum Requirements for Senior Regulatory Specialist
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), preferably in biology, natural resources, or a related field.
· Ten or more years’ experience in the federal and state wetlands permitting, endangered species permitting, or environmental planning field.
· Knowledge of the Northern California/Central Valley environmental and regulatory setting
· Expert level knowledge of wetland and endangered species regulations in California
· Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated ability in completing projects on schedule and within budget
· Strong client and agency relationships
Additional qualifications considered a plus
· Master’s degree in environmental studies, environmental science, geography, natural science, environmental engineering, public planning, business, or a related field.
· Related professional work experience preparing biological resource assessment documentation including aquatic resource delineations, biological assessments, natural environment studies, focused species surveys, and/or habitat restoration.
· Proven success in business development.
· Ability and desire to grow into a position with increasing supervisory and management responsibilities.