Title: Vice President of LTL Referral Sales
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona- LTL Referral Department
Pay Range: $150-175K Base + Variable Compensation + Company Stock Options Plan
FLSA Class: Exempt-Executive
EEO Class: Executive/Senior-Level Managers
Reports to: COO
About us: MyCarrier provides SaaS (software as a service) products to the freight transportation industry to deliver never-before-offered technology that streamlines both the carrier and shipper experience. Our Vision: Make LTL shipping affordable, convenient, and easy.
Website: Learn more at https://go.mycarrier.io
General Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of LTL Referral Sales to direct and oversee our new inside sales department. This position will design, implement, and monitor effective sales strategies that align with our business goals. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge within the transportation industry with experience managing an aggressive & dynamic sales floor along with experience with technology sales to various market segments. This role will utilize their extensive experience in sales and management to develop a "best in class" internal sales team.
A successful candidate in this role will be driven; highly focused; detail-oriented; and strong internal and external communicator that’s conscientious of meeting budget restraints and timelines. Ultimately, this candidate should be able to ensure this department’s activities are meeting the company’s long-term brand strategies and sales targets.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Recruit, interview, and hire an inside sales team that can drive hyper aggressive growth
· Develop/Train key sales talent and manage the variable compensation programs for your teams
· Facilitate and support a fast paced, high energy operating environment
· Establish and monitor KPI’s as well as sales targets for all team members
· Coach and motivate team members with declining KPI’s
· Add input and lead organizational “go to market” strategy for the LTL shipper network
· Create and implement a workflow within existing CRM Software that creates an efficient sales environment for all team members
· Participate in LTL industry events and network to further promote the brand as well as the underlying value-based strategy
· Act as the “Subject Matter Expert” for sales strategies to ensure proper alignment and enablement of the entire executive team to deliver on the organization’s strategy
· Develop and manage budgets for the LTL inside sales department including revenue, expense, and staffing projections
· Establish a workflow where teams can report and track feature requests from customers
· Assist with future product roadmaps to drive deeper value for the customer networks
· Work with marketing leadership to drive on-going digital engagement strategies
· Collaborate across all departments to deliver on the organization’s revenue strategy
Education and Experience:
· 10+ years of experience in transportation and/or global supply chain
· 7+ years of people leadership
· 5+ years of experience leading an inside sales team
· Proven track record of attracting and developing high level sales talent
· Experience in developing and implementing new sales strategies and approaches
· Experience implementing a go-to-market plan for a two-sided marketplace platform
· Extensive experience working with other LTL industry executives, including top-tier national, regional and local carrier partners to drive value to their networks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to drive a high growth sales organization to record levels using “best in class” technology
· Entrepreneurial-minded, business-savvy leader
· Keen understanding of various motivational tactics to ensure continuous success
· Able to thrive in a culture of continuous improvement, excellence, and engagement
· Strong leader and communicator amongst peers and employees
· Understands key sales metrics and how they scale to drive organizational growth
· A persuasive influencer who can build consensus and momentum with the executive team
· Comfortable presenting strategies, plans, and partnership opportunities to the executive team and board members
Oversees, manages, and develops an internal sales team. Coach and develop the skill sets of team members to increase efficiency, while maintaining a fun, fast-paced, high energy sales environment
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 40+ hours a week.
Minimal travel is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.