The Marketing & Fund Development Director is responsible for managing the council's Fund Development, coordinating fundraising campaigns and identifying potential sources of support (including but limited to grants, individuals, foundations corporations, annual giving, alumni giving, capital campaigns, planned giving and special events. The overall focus of the position is to create and execute council wide strategic marketing and public relations plans in alignment with Girl Scouts of the USA and Girl Scouts of Greater Mississippi's goals and priorities.
- Develops and implement a dynamic, multi-channel marketing communications strategy which includes but is not limited to social media (website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.), print communications as mass media.
- Create compelling content that tells the Girl Scout story with the end result to grow visibility, brand understanding and recognition and membership.
- Aggressively seeks media opportunities to support the recruitment of girls and adults, promote Girl Scout programs, and attract new funding sources.
- Manage all facets of communications including public relations, media relations and paid advertising.
- Provide professional expertise and support to the Fund Development Committee of the council's leadership in developing strategic priorities and plans to meet the council's financial goals.
- Participated in establishing fund development policies, procedures, plans, goals and budgets.
- Assists in the development and manages the budget for fund development.
- Aggressively seeks new funding sources and maintains relationships with current and past donors.
- Develop effective working relationships with donors, volunteers and foundation representatives to nurture connections to the council and create lifetime givers.
- Monitor development outcomes to increase fund development growth. Increase annual gifts, major gifts and planned gifts by building lifetime relationships with donors.
- Plan, manage and execute all online and in-person fundraising events and donor engagement events.
- Research, identify and apply for grants that support the Girl Scout mission, programs and initiatives.
- Create, update and manage online donor database.
- Become knowledgeable with the website software and maintain council website.
- Other duties as directed and required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field. Other combinations of education with relevant experience that demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position will be considered. A minimum of five years related experience is required.
- Strong public speaking, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Donor Perfect).
- Experience writing corporate and foundation grants.
- Experience in all aspects of marketing communications including digital, print, content and social media.
- High capacity to master and leverage data tracking platforms.
- Ability to prioritize work while managing multiple deadlines.
- Ability to relate to top community leaders and diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, (including nights and/or weekends) and a willingness to travel.