The Answers in Genesis Technology department is currently seeking a Senior Cabling Coordinator to provide leadership and cabling support including project management, installation, termination, documentation, and troubleshooting of LAN cabling infrastructures of a multi-location WAN. This position will be responsible for coordinating multiple internal departments’ low voltage cabling needs (IT, AV, DPS, Facilities) in a fast paced, driven to excellence environment therefore excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. This position also requires superb technical skill displayed in initiative, resourcefulness, and persistence in problem solving & process optimization. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Manage projects including install, terminate, label, and test copper cables and fiber optic cables following EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation guidelines in a commercial environment.
- Route Cat6 cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications.
- Provide or relocate cable and modular connections.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, EMT, J-hooks or D-rings.)
- Dress and route cable into server/telecom closets, modular furniture and other work area outlets.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Use troubleshooting tools such as tracer/toner and continuity testers.
- Excellent at documentation of work.
- Adhere to all required project specific as well as company safety requirements.
- Familiarity with proper EIA/TIA and NEC grounding and bonding of equipment racks, cabinets, frames, etc.
- Build out telecom and equipment rooms, if needed.
- Complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Collaborate with Technology managers & IT engineers in the planning and implementation of enterprise level technological changes and additions.
- Collaborate in outsourced and co-sourced enterprise-level IT projects.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.