Total Mortgage Arena is a sports and entertainment venue managed by Oak View Group and is located in the heart of Bridgeport, CT. The arena is home to the Bridgeport Islanders (AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders), Sacred Heart University Men’s ice hockey, and Fairfield University Men’s and Women’s basketball. In addition to the various sporting events held year-round, the arena plays host to various concerts, comedy shows, expos, and family shows.
The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of being the first-person clients and visitors interact with. An upbeat and positive attitude is a must to ensure that all guests have a memorable experience while visiting Total Mortgage Arena.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Greet clients and visitors
- Answer phones
- Order, receive and stock office supplies
- Managing filing system
- Upkeep and maintenance of the common areas, such as reception area, conference room, workspaces, kitchen, etc.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Receive and distribute mail and other delivers
- Provide administrative support to the General Manager and other departments
- Schedule, coordinate, and organize internal meetings, conferences, and departmental activities
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or associate degree
- Experience as an office assistant or in related field
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing when necessary
- Warm personality with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.