Oversees all aspects of the Ark Encounter grounds and provides the care and maintenance of the grounds, irrigation, lawn and landscape bed maintenance. Works closely with the Director of Horticulture and Horticulture Manager. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Create a SERVE culture environment in all work done.
- Oversee all grounds maintenance for the Ark Encounter and other properties associated with it.
- Oversee installation, operation and maintenance of irrigation system.
- Lead for snow removal for parking lots and trails.
- Lead for Christmas lighting – keep track of inventory, maintain schedule for installation and removal of lights.
- Project coordination.
- Manage department operating budget.
- Maintain all Grounds department equipment.
- Work alongside the horticulture and site development teams.
- Manage grounds crew and maintains personnel records.
- Assist in assignments for volunteers.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Maintain maintenance logs.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.