For over 50 years, Omega Builders has been a leading production home builder in Central Texas. Currently growing in four regional markets with a unit volume over 400 homes per year, Omega Builders is focused on quality craftsmanship, affordability, and continuous improvement.
We are currently seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer who shares this vision and has a desire to join a highly functioning team focused on customer experience and quality.
The Chief Financial Officer reports to the President of the company, and as part of the Executive Management Team, provides financial oversight to multiple entities including new home construction, land development, residential and commercial rental/leasing, and multiple holding and investment entities.
- Financial management and oversight of the financial, treasury, legal, human resources, and risk management functions of each entity.
- Financial modelling of new markets, new businesses, tax structures, etc.
- Collaborate with executive team in assessing new regional markets.
- Oversee and direct management of all third-party relationships relative to legal, banking, investment, and tax (federal and state).
- Assist in the negotiation of the terms and conditions of lines of credit and their renewal.
- Interface with external auditors and assist with running the annual audit and review of financial statements.
- Assist with insurance/risk management and safety.
- Oversee and direct management of all tax, administrative, and investment matters for the respective owner interests.
- Daily oversight of cash management and cash flow to ensure continuity of operations without interruption.
- Assists President and Executive Management in defining strategic direction for continued growth and profitability.
- Responsible for formulating, executing, and managing strategic plans and policies within functional areas of oversight.
- Manage, coach and mentor Accounting and HR staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High level of acumen in Accounting & Finance (Financial Management, Analysis, Forecasting).
- In-depth understanding of Work in Process and construction revenue recognition.
- Investments, Cash Flow Analysis, Borrowing Needs, Internal Controls, Administration, Reporting, etc.
- Knowledge in Human Resource (HR Law, Benefits, Administration, Payroll).
- Knowledge in Business Law (Contracts, Claims Management, Real Estate Forms, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Federal Tax Law for multiple entity types.
- Operational leadership and team building.
- Strategic planning & management.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills with advanced Excel experience and familiarity with Integrated Builder ERP software (New Star preferred).
- Skilled in writing policies and procedures, evaluation of processes and communication.