Responsible for outreach and engagement aspects of The Association of Former Students’ Travel Program, engaging former students with The Association and the Aggie Network. Responsible for external aspects of the Travel program, including the Travel Reunion.
Essential Functions: Coordinates aspects of outreach and engagement for the Travel Program.
- Serves as Association host and representative on numerous domestic and international trips annually, but is in the office for at least three weeks leading up to and throughout the entirety of the annual Travel Reunion.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Traveling Aggies to develop special events/activities for the Travel Program, aside from the annual Travel Reunion.
- Assists with the marketing and promotion of the Travel Program through The Association’s Marketing and Communications offices.
- Works with The Association’s Development team to identify potential donors.
- Promotes The Association’s Endowed Century Club, Century Club, Aggie Ring Scholarship program and capital projects to travelers, and when appropriate, asks for these types of gifts.
Coordinates Travel Program activities and performs specific tasks in support of Travel activities.
- Responsible for being customer focused in all duties.
- Assists visitors and Association employees with Traveling Aggies trip information, reservations, modifications, cancellations and general inquiries.
- Answers telephone and email inquiries.
- Organizes and performs before- and after-trip duties, data entry, copy, file, fax, and scan accounting related documents.
- Ensures immediate responses are given to phone, mail and email inquiries.
Assists with trip selection for the following year.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Traveling Aggies and Director of Former Student Programs to develop travel programs and, together, selects trips/schedules for the upcoming year.
Responsible for the annual Travel Reunion.
- Directly responsible for the annual Travel Reunion to include, but not limited to: creating guest list, sending save the dates and invitations, securing hotel blocks, coordinating photo contest, creating appropriate videos and slide show to be shown during the event; Coordinates with the Events Team on the flow of the program, catering details and event execution.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association’s Travel Program.
- Provides excellent customer service to all potential and confirmed travelers.
- Cultivates genuine relationships with travelers, potential travelers and tour operators.
- Provides excellent customer service through multiple touch points between pre-booking to post-trip with personal communications to prospective and actual travelers.
- Promotes the programs and events of the Travel Program and The Association of Former Students.
- Regularly speaks at meetings around the local area, state and nation promoting the Travel program and The Association of Former Students.
Provides general support to the activities of the Former Student Programs area. Specific duties may include:
- On-site support for Former Student Programs events.
- Contribution to quarterly Former Student Programs report to the Board of Directors.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which may include:
- Actively contributing to efforts to achieve donor growth goal.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council Meetings.
- Participation on internal event and task committees.
- Participation in Association events including, but not limited to, All-Aggie Grad Party, Ring Delivery, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala and Game Day events, as needed.
- Represents The Association as needed at events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M. Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Manager of Traveling Aggies.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Graduate from Texas A&M University.
Required: 2-4 years experience in an administrative or event capacity, including domestic and international travel experience and an understanding of the travel industry.
Preferred: 3-5 years in an administrative or event capacity, including domestic and international travel experience and a firm understanding of the travel industry. Supervisory experience.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer is required. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Physically healthy and available to travel domestically and internationally frequently, being away from home days or weeks at a time. A valid driver’s license and passport.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Required: Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population. Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and editing. Ability to organize concurrent projects and manage time. Be able to quickly learn digital communication technologies including website interfaces and mass email platforms.
Preferred: First aid training and CPR certification.